Visa Bulletin Aug 05: EB2 still current

J1victim

Registered Users (C)
I believe EB2 is still current in the Aug visa Bulletin. After Jan 05 Visa bulletin (when EB3 retrogressed), this must be the most awaited visa bulletin, as EB2 was in danger of retrogression. Looks like EB2 can survive another month. Sept 05 visa bulletin will be the one to watch for retrogression.

J1victim said:
I believe EB2 is still current in the Aug visa Bulletin. After Jan 05 Visa bulletin (when EB3 retrogressed), this must be the most awaited visa bulletin, as EB2 was in danger of retrogression. Looks like EB2 can survive another month. Sept 05 visa bulletin will be the one to watch for retrogression.

Wondering where you got this info. I checked the DOS website as well as their recorded message on the phone and they still have only the july '05 bulletin.

source of this info

J1victim said:

Can you please give us details how you got this info. I could not locate the Aug Bulletin.

J1victim said:

J1victim
Interesting news.Did your attorney give you this info?

I think EB-2 will retrogress in September .

The visa bulletin still says July 2005 but on the AILA site today there is an article saying EB-2 and EB-1 retrogression for August is just a rumor. You can't actually read the dumb article unless you are a member now. At least I can't .This may be where J1 is getting this from.

grunggy said:
The visa bulletin still says July 2005 but on the AILA site today there is an article saying EB-2 and EB-1 retrogression for August is just a rumor. You can't actually read the dumb article unless you are a member now. At least I can't .This may be where J1 is getting this from.

The article says EB2 and EB1 will not become Unavailable but does not say that it will not retrogress.
Anyone knows an attorney who knows the content of the article?
Simonx

grunggy said:

Actually,Shusterman says EB2 will be current for August,but some countries will retrogress in September.I guess India and China?

EB2 is still current in Aug 05

grunggy said:
...... but on the AILA site today there is an article saying EB-2 and EB-1 retrogression for August is just a rumor. You can't actually read the dumb article unless you are a member now. At least I can't .This may be where J1 is getting this from.
just checked shusterman's website. They also have an update that EB2 is current for Aug Visa bulletin. however it might regress for some countries in Sept.

My information was not from the AILA, but from the attorney office. Infact my attorney office has always given me correct news ahead of time. good job by them.

Let's hope all those who are waiting for their CP interviews, get it done in August before the disaster of backlog hits EB2 also. Good luck to all.

(**** your visa category for your country must be available on the date of your interview. visa numbers are requested by consulate 1 month in advance and only after getting the visa number, an interview is scheduled. if your interview has been scheduled, and the priority date for your category regresses, you won't get interview and your visa number will be returned to the general pool. that's how i understand the system.

What happens if some one attends interview and is held up for some reason say, security check or lack of documents, etc.and retrogression occurs BEFORE the GC is stamped in his passport??