Visa appointment at Mumbai by VFS site while H1 extension application is in process.

shodhanshah

Registered Users (C)
Hi

1)I am planning to go to India in Jan 2007.
I am completing my 6 years in Jan 21 , 2007.

My attorney is yet to apply for the 7th yr H1 extension .
I think if I apply next week , I will get my 7th year extension in November/December.
Assuming that , my question is :-
Can I go to vfs website and book an appointment for Jan or should I have the renewed H1 for booking an appointment in VFS website.

(Do VFS website asks for details about h1 approval? )

My idea is to get my visa stamp till end of 7th year extension ( which i am appying now and assuming will get in Nov/dec).

2) My employer filed labour certification for green card.

In visa application form DS -156 , what should I write in clause 36.

Has anyone filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? yes or No ?

Thanks in Advance.

Shodhan

Hi,

You should be able to use the current petition and before you send the document to Mumbai consulate (5 biz days prior to appointment) you can update the petition details. The petition details link is separate and editable even after you confirm your appointment.

If your labor is approved and I140 is approved say yes.else No

shodhanshah said:
Hi

1)I am planning to go to India in Jan 2007.
I am completing my 6 years in Jan 21 , 2007.

My attorney is yet to apply for the 7th yr H1 extension .
I think if I apply next week , I will get my 7th year extension in November/December.
Assuming that , my question is :-
Can I go to vfs website and book an appointment for Jan or should I have the renewed H1 for booking an appointment in VFS website.

(Do VFS website asks for details about h1 approval? )

My idea is to get my visa stamp till end of 7th year extension ( which i am appying now and assuming will get in Nov/dec).

2) My employer filed labour certification for green card.

In visa application form DS -156 , what should I write in clause 36.

Has anyone filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? yes or No ?

Thanks in Advance.

Shodhan

Hi Guys

One more question.
I took appointment for my wife and daughter ( H4 )as one group on VFS site for mumbai consulate .
Then I tried to include myself (H1) in the group but catagory was not editable from " Dependent ' to (H1) catagory.

So I created new application for my self and got same time and same date as my wife and daughter.

My question :
If I am out of group (from my wife and daughter) , does it make any difference at time of interview? Will all 3 of us will be taken together?( because I know, original h1 approval requires for H1 and h4 both).

OR is there any way to get myself includede in group?
VFS website creates lots of problem.

Pls. advise if anyone has idea.
Thanks