Visa and Travel Advice: Philippines to South Korea

EmberFlare

I am making plans for a visit to South Korea, however I am not sure of the beginning steps. Guidance would be very helpful for me. Firstly, what is the situation with visa requirements for Filipino tourists going to South Korea? Also, advice on airlines providing non-stop flights or optimal travel paths from Manila to South Korea would be greatly appreciated. Also, what are the best places in Korea? Please share your recommendations!

I am also curious about ways of moving around and looking for affordable places to sleep. If you have advice on traveling conveniently and discovering cost-effective accommodations, I would be very thankful. Finally, is it a good idea to hire a guide when visiting South Korea or is it simple enough to find your way without one? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If you are from the Philippines and going to South Korea as a tourist, it is possible to stay without a visa for 30 days maximum. You can check flights that go directly from Manila to Seoul with Philippine Airlines, Korean Air or Asiana Airlines.

When you are in Seoul, make sure to visit the Gyeongbokgung Palace and explore the lively markets. The public transportation system of South Korea works very well. If you need a place to stay, websites such as Booking.com have choices that won't cost too much money.

Regarding guides, it is a matter of personal choice. South Korea welcomes tourists well, however having a guide could provide more in-depth understanding.

I am very grateful for your suggestions. I have been making plans to visit South Korea for some time, and this knowledge is truly beneficial. I was not aware that I am allowed to remain for as many as 30 days without needing a visa. I will surely check out the airplane trips going from Manila to Seoul through carriers like Philippine Airlines, Korean Air or Asiana Airlines.

Going to Gyeongbokgung Palace and looking around the markets seems like a very good plan. I will include them in my schedule for sure. Thank you for your advice on the public transport network—I understand it's quite effective, so I surely plan to use it.

For a place to stay, I will look on Booking.com for options that are not too expensive. Can you recommend other important places or things to do in South Korea? Lastly, about local guides, I am thinking about using https://gowithguide.com/korea Have you had any experience with them, or do you have your own favorite? I'm exploring my options. Thanks again. Cheers!