Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can...

You can do it provided there is a one-one match of skillsets,education and yrs of experience...

Any update

Hello Folks....
Did anyone speak to virginia SESA lately...any progress....in processing...are they still Barking about stopping RIR processing...
Please keep posting if anything comes out

No update as yet

The officer their says that they are waiting for the directive from the head of the Dept regarding this matter and that should be coming in another month or 2. So we have to wait until they can see that they are coming to the end of the RIR processing for April. Just a bit longer.

wait is the word of the day buddy. You are almost there.

Receipt Date on Labour Certification

Can anyone tell me if the receipt date for a labour application is the same as the priority date??

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Update From my Law office

FYI
As stated in our email of January 15, 2002, according to VEC approximately 16,000 cases were filed in April (see below). Therefore, your number of 10,000 should be a good guesstimate.

We were advised by VEC and employment agencies of other states that they do not have the staff or time available to hand count how many applications are in front of specific applications. Furthermore, I have not heard any updates on the rumor you mentioned.

Regards,

XXXXX
-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: Labor Certification

According to VEC, section 245(i) has created a substantial backlog. Approximately 16,000 cases were filed in April of 2001. The VEC normally receives about 6000 cases per annum or about 500 cases a month. Once all April 2001 RIRs are completed, the VEC will move to April 2001 non-RIRs. The VEC expects to move slowly through the filings received in the last week of April 2001 because of the volume. The current processing time are as follows: RIR ---- April 23, 2001; Non-RIR ----- March 2001.

Your LC application was filed under RIR just like all other cases processed by our office.

Regards,
XXXXXX
 My Message to Lawyer
-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: Labor Certification

Good Morning

It looks like Virginia is still working on 27 files; According to forums they have around 10,000 RIR cases between 27 and 30. Is that true…due u have any time frame or update news on when are they doing to start processing May Month applications. As there is big rumor that they are not going to start processing until they finish April NON_RIR cases??
It is really frustrating to know about the labor processing at Virginia.
Any updates would be appreciated.

Chaos at SESA and DOL trying to offer hope

The posting by dependent indicates that SESA does not do any electronic filing of applications. Otherwise there is no reason for them not to know what number application one is and when some non-RIR applications got converted to RIR or if an application got withdraw by the company due to layoff they have no idea how many RIR applications they still have pending for a particular date or month. They need to bring more efficiency in the tracking program of LC application processing.

But on a much more positive note DOL is aware of this backlog at the various SESA and is trying to come up with funds and methods to get rid of it. Some postings at the http://www.immigration-law.com indicate that they are in process of implementing some of the new regulations for the LC processing probably by sometime in March 2003. This sounds promising but for people who have already been waiting a whole year to get the LC cleared there is still some more ways to go.................

Not entirely true

SESA has all the applications in Computer, Thats how they can tell whether your application was received or not and on what date...
But I dont know why they don\'t tell us a correct number on how many applications are pending
Thanks
A

RIR applications filled on April 30

Hey if so many applications were filed on April 30th alone under RIR (6000-10,000) why is it that I do not see a single person on this message board with filing date of April 30th. Are they all non-RIR 245(i) applicants who later got converted into RIR (They had time till August) and were able to preserve their priority date. If that is the case then I think it is not fair to all the other RIR applicants who filed in May, June, July and August. As they have to wait until the applications of non-RIR applicants that got conversion to RIR get processed.

we need to ask SESA r they deploying more ppl to deal wityh addl apps...

friends,
When someone next calls SESA could he/she please ask if SESA has *ANY* plans in the near future to deal qith this large backlog of labor applications bcoz of 245?. At least we will know then, where this may go...
your thoughts?...

Regards,

California SESA and DOL Hire more people to help take care of the backlog..

See the postings on the CA Labor message boards. Why can\'t VA do the same they have similar backlogs as CA does. Someone needs to tell SESA to wake up an move on this..........

labour certification

Hi guys,
I have been regularly visitng this site and can any one of you answer my question.
My question is that i am currently working for company A and my green card is being sponsored by company B which was my previous employer.
My six year visa time limit is coming to an end next year November, so can i apply for my visa extension after six years on the basis that my GC is being processed.
Thanks for your time and answers guys.
bhaskar

What stage are you at???

To apply for extension your labor should have cleared and atleast your I-140 application should have been pending for more than 180 days with INS.

Talk to your lawyer. I think you sould be good

labour certification

Hey thanks for the reply.
My previous employer has applied for my labour last May in Virginia like you all i am also struck but if i get my labour and my I140 is pending then do you think i can apply for an extension even though my current employer has not applied for my GC.

new RIR rule...

friends,
did you hear about the new directive on RIR that the govt has issued to officers while processing GC-RIR applications?. Read up on this site abt it...means GC process will be more difficult...with more chances of rejections.
any thoughts...anyone?...

-h1b

New RIR Rule

I think the DOL should take into consideration
- when the application was filed
- If the layoffs occurred after the application was filed then it should be overlooked as the market condition was different at that point in time.
- How can DOL process an application filed a year back with todays market condition.

I think DOL should use the Labor approval done when the H1B was approved for that employer, to process the GC. I think all these checks are done when labor approval is granted for an H1B application. If its true,its a waste of DOL\'s time, money, resources and puts the GC applciant in an directionless, goalless situation. I think the American govt should take into consideration the fact that America is a technologically advanced due to these very people.

No Title

etchonebee:

Searched for the new rule on ImmigrationPortal site but could not find it (Monday morning!). Could you please point me to the correct location? Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.