victim of wife

VictimDV

I am staying in USA since 1998 on H1 got Married in 2003 came with wife (she is on H4), transferred my wife from H4 to H1 in 2004 we both staying away since 2004 bcos of our jobs, we both field EAD's separately both got approved, now my wife wants to divorce me i told her not file EAD separately but she did not listen to me she was yelling and fighting on this issue, i thought things may get worst if i dont agree one day i told her to file on her name also. Now she is taking advantage of this and decided to divorce me
i tried to convince her but she has sent me divorce notice, but i did not respond to the notice cos i am staying in a different address my friend faxed the notice.
i have contacted lot of people on this issue everybody saying it will be more trouble if i involve in this issue.
confused,Having sleepless nights,frustated and ....................

My questions.

1)How can i stop the divorce.

2) canceling her legality.

3)Taking her back to my country legally.

4)Deporting her back to my country.

Awating for your valuble replies.

I am staying in USA since 1998 on H1 got Married in 2003 came with wife (she is on H4), transferred my wife from H4 to H1 in 2004 we both staying away since 2004 bcos of our jobs, we both field EAD's separately both got approved, now my wife wants to divorce me i told her not file EAD separately but she did not listen to me she was yelling and fighting on this issue, i thought things may get worst if i dont agree one day i told her to file on her name also. Now she is taking advantage of this and decided to divorce me
i tried to convince her but she has sent me divorce notice, but i did not respond to the notice cos i am staying in a different address my friend faxed the notice.
i have contacted lot of people on this issue everybody saying it will be more trouble if i involve in this issue.
confused,Having sleepless nights,frustated and ....................

My questions.

1)How can i stop the divorce.

2) canceling her legality.

3)Taking her back to my country legally.

4)Deporting her back to my country.

Awating for your valuble replies.

Question is only this.......

if she had her own H-1 (after you transferred her H-4 to H-1) and filed her own adjustment application (485 and I-140), and now she has an EAD based on her own pending 485 you can not do n e thing.

or

if her EAD is based on your adjustment application (in which she is a dependent), you can talk to an attorney and have her removed from your application after the divorce.

I think based on your tone that it is case 1 that she has her own EAD based on her own adjustement, in which case just let it be as you don't have any control over it.

some of your questions are just emotional issues and not legal my friend.

My friendly practical advice is dont make decisions based on emotions...be pragmatic, there are more fish in the ocean than u ever knew

It looks like you are trying to convince her to apply for an EAD based on that of yours, instead of an EAD based on her own I-140/485 process, just so you can yank her approval and get her deported when she tries to leave you.

I am sorry to tell you this, but I think she did the right thing for herself. It looks like you have a marital problem, not an immigration problem. Vendetta can be sweet, but not in this case. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like others said here , its her application and there is not much you can do about it. One point makes me wonder though. You want to stop the divorce but at the same time send her home if possible.

Tough luck to you, but it is the reality and need to learn to live with it.