very worried

CoolGCGC

It has been full 7 months of watiting and still haven\'t received the plastic card.
Just cannot get in touch with TSC. I have called them everyday for the past few months now - every time I get busy tone...
What should I do now?
I just have my A#, and nothing else - so can\'t use the automated system

-Would the local INS (Newark) help? (I did Consular Processing in India, so how will Newark know anything about my case) If yes, what do I need to take to them? What will they be able to tell?
-Is there any other number other than the stupid TSC number? (I am sorry for sounding rude - but I am frustrated that INS cannot have a proper telephone number)
Any insights will be appreciated

sunny007, Is your case AoS ? The coolgc case is CP ? As I under-

stand, the CP cases are going pretty quick with TSC.

Good luck both of you. May not be a bad idea to call local INS in either case. Hope it helps.

Same boat here but don\'t worry

My CP was done in March 2001. I came to US via New York, JFK as my POE. As usual the assholes lost my photos. After waiting about 9 months i called up TSC. Luckily i got through but had to wait for 45 minutes till a person came on to phone. She checked on my A# and said they lost my photos so i have to resubmit my I-89. (one thing when you do your CP you won\'t know your case number. You have to call the Service center to get the case number (SRC number) so that you can check on AVM. Yup you have no other choice). I also moved from chicago to New Jersey by this time. The person who came on when i called TSC was nice enough to update my address. I took the letter which I got from TSC indicating that have to redo my I-89, went to local INS (New Jersey). An ass hole in New Jersey INS, looked at my IL drivers license and started telling all this bullshit rules that i cannot drive in New Jersey etc. Any how he took my finger printing, took my photos and the letter. When I asked him how long does it take for my plastic card to come, he said he doesn\'t know. I waited about for another 2 months, then I called up TSC again. This time i was very lucky and i got througn in 10 minutes and the person came on to the telephone with in 10 minutes. She had the same answer again that they did not receive my photos yet. The assholes at INS New Jersey might have sent to Vermont INS center instead of TSC as New Jersey falls under VSC. Any how i am going again for restamping on April 3rd. I will again take 2 more photos to redo again my I-89(which i already done twice till now). Hope this time i get my plastic card. I am really pissed of with these INS ass holes. I dont understand why the heck they don\'t do their work properly. They approve student visas to dead terrorists but dont send our plastic cards to good alive people. I really hope i get my plastic card this time.
Hope you will get it too.
My advice is call repeatedly and you might get through once. Unless you call them you wont know your status and importantly you wont know your SRC number with which you can check AVM after hours.
All the best

15 months and no plastic

POE LAX, Dec 2000 after CP, chennai

My wife got her plastic in Oct 2001.
On Nov 20th, I went for passport restamping at INS, San Jose and
was told by the immigration officer that they has already
sent my GC. However he indicated that the address
in the database is slightly off
(they have misplaced street # and apt #).

I had sent a query form to Cal service center,
and have not yet got any reply.

So I am going to submit my I-90.

Question, when you resubmit your I-89 do you have to
state your current job?