Very weird....

NoVAguy

Registered Users (C)
Just checked my status and saw the weirdest message.

'On April 9, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.'

I live in VA, why would they transfer my case to Missouri? Secondly, the AVM is saying Chicago, Illinois instead of Missouri. Anyone experienced or experiencing the same thing? Let me know. This is very weird.

This has happened before...

Missouri service center happens to be in Chicago. There are lot of folks on nthis board that had their cases transfered there. Do a search on Missouri Service Center and you will find specific threads discussing such transfers. Don't panic as such transfers have become all too common these days.

Peace...

Thanks alot for the suggestion. I was thinking I was the only one in this boat. From reading some of the posts on this site I can see I am just one of many. It was however depressing to see that there are some people who have been transferred since last Oct. and until now they have not heard anything about interviews. It just makes no sense to me for them to transfer a case from one service center to another that is also backlogged, then for that service center to then have to transfer the case to a local office which will cause the wait to go on for months or even years depending on where the local office is. I still think I'm gonna have my lawyer call them up next week to see if there's anything that can be done to have my case moved back to VSC. I also need to apply for a renewal EAD. I was thinking they'd approve my 485 by the time my EAD expired (in May) but now with this transfer, that definintely isn't going to happen. I'll have that sorted out sometime next week. Since they received the response to my RFE, I've been checking the status non-stop (at least 30 times per day), no change until this morning when I woke up. An unfavorable change too. I guess the saga continues...again thanks. I wish everyone who is still waiting luck.

There is no evidence to the effect that this is a negative change. So hangin and hope for the best.:rolleyes: