very urgent.....Rajiv, strange development Can Rajiv help me

reso

Registered Users (C)
i got RFE for my 485 on 03/24/04 and the online message got changed to "request for additional evidence has been sent on march 19...."

got my and my wife's 2nd FP notice on 3/20/04. Appeared for FP on 3/24/04 and am preparing to reply for the RFE(usual one EVL, W2 etc...).

i was just checking the online status this evening. The update is:-

"On March 25, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in .............. for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in .............will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Does anyone have any idea what is this stuff.

Do I need to answer to the RFE or wait for the interview call?

Has anybody else gotten into such a situation in the recent past. Mine is a WAC-02 case with ND September 2002.

Rajiv, will appreciate your help and also, members in the forum, please throw your opinions on this.

thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
very urgent.....Rajiv, strange development Can Rajiv help me

>> I do not think it is strange .even though you think and nothing to panic .

i got RFE for my 485 on 03/24/04 and the online message got changed to "request for additional evidence has been sent on march 19...."

>>> it is usual.
got my and my wife's 2nd FP notice on 3/20/04. Appeared for FP on 3/24/04 and am preparing to reply for the RFE(usual one EVL, W2 etc...).

>> do you have attorney to reply? if yes check with him . If no you should go what paper request you have received first. I mean you got Ref notice in hand . and you do not received your transfer notice yet .,you just saw online. If you decide to replying keep one copy ( of replied notice and document )with you of all documents so in case you may need future.

i was just checking the online status this evening. The update is:-

"On March 25, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in .............. for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in .............will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

>> did this online message shows such blanks in between as above ? You may have to worry if there are blanks.

Does anyone have any idea what is this stuff.

>> nothing new . causal enquiry .

Do I need to answer to the RFE or wait for the interview call?

>> do you have idea/notice how much time you will keep on waiting for interview ? or your REF reply/answer time may be out then.

Has anybody else gotten into such a situation in the recent past. Mine is a WAC-02 case with ND September 2002.

>> search on web. Nothing to panic .It is not unusual yet !!!

thanks so much for your reply.

i have an attorney, but, not so cooperative. Therefore, m tryingto take the forum's help

i a gathering the documents to reply to the RFE through my attorney.

but, due to this new upate in the Online Case Status check..m vey much confused whether Ishould wait for the interview call or need to respond to the RFE and wait.

there is no blank in the message. It s San Jose, CA.

will appreciate forum's views and also if anyone else has a similar case can come forward and share his experience.

thanks,

Case is somewhat unusual

I havent seen this on the forum but my 2c would be to
reply to the rfe to the service center (keep a copy for your records). dont give a reason for them to issue NOID for nonreceipt of the RFE reply.
if the case has really been transferred, they will transfer your reply to the local office (hopefully). even if this doesn happen, atleast you replied to their question and the local office , if need be, will ask the same questions during the interview.
at least you will have covered all bases.
Hope this helps.
any other suggestions from forum members may shed more light.
Best Wishes.

Hello

I would recommand you to replay the RFE to Service center in time
and wait to get a letter from service center regarding your case transfer issue. Because they supposed to be sent a letter you.
If you get the transfre notice before you replay the RFE, for safe side you should replay to both places Service Center and Local office.

Mine is also RFE and Transfer to local Office but inbetween there is one month gap.

Good luck.

thanks..

did you get a letter from the center regarding transfer and interview..

how long does it take in San Jose to get an interview call?

thanks

I'm living in Cupertino, CA

Details:
----------
Service Center: CSC
Got RFE: 11/05/2003
Replied RFE: 11/15/2003
Online Case Transferred to Dallas/TX: 12/19/2003
(Because still my mailing address was Dallas / Texas, I was in
Dallas, TX when I filled I-485 used uncle’s permanent address as my mailing address in I-485)
Received the transfer notice letter from CSC: 12/30/2003
Got 2nd FP from Dallas/ TX Local Office: 01/29/2004
Done 2nd FD at ASC @ San Jose, CA: 02/10/2004
Received Interview Letter from Dallas/TX Office: 02/27/2004
Scheduled Interview: 03/05/2004
Flew from CA to Dallas and attended Interview at Dallas / TX Office: 03/05/2004
Result: Some questions and got the GC stamped on my wife and my passports
Received GC approval letter from TSC: 03/19/2004
Received the GC cards: 03/25/2004.

I wish you good luck

-YPKumar.

some questions...

ypkumar,

Could you please tell us what these questions were in the interview?

I am living in indiana and using my friend's permanent address in CA as my mailing address for my I-485. So, I would like to be prepared if a situation for interview arises.

Thanks in advance.

HI kumarsaiv

Very first they least bother about mailing address and residence address.
Asked following questions
1. Show me your ID (Showed CA driving license)
2. Are you living in CA (Said Yes)
3. Did you ever stay in TX (Explained length of stay in TX and CA)
4. Did you live in this mailing address? (Explained I'm using that address as mailing address and informed the all my residence information)
5. She called her supervisor (May be she is new about this kind of case)
6. Supervisor looked at the I-485 documents for 5 mins
7. She asked me show your employment verification (Give her copy of the letter. Of course I have had the original)
8. Did you apply for H1 extension (Yes, I did it)
9. Do you have any proof? (No, I did not receive the receipt)
10. She checked in database
11. Asked formal other general questions like did you ever been arrested, have been involved in criminal case, blah, blah...
All answers are NO
12. She stared the process for visa stamp
13. After her process she stamped the GC on passport

Wish you good luck.

one of my friend's had an RFE and then the online message changed to trasnfer. He replied to RFE and just waited and probably he called the INS couple of times too. He got his approval without interview. Sometimes there will be mistakes.
He had to wait about 2 months for his approval after RFE, though.