Very urgent question

casper1972

Registered Users (C)
I have an urgent question.

My wife wants to travel to her home country. Her passport is on her maiden name (using last name before marriage)

Her GC is on new last name (My last name after marriage)

What name does she have to use for the ticket.

Please help me. How would her home country verify her ID. Also when she comes back, will it be a problem for last name being different on tickets and GC.

Please help.

Thank you all in advance

Name

Casper1972,

As far as I know, from personal experience, one's tickets have to be with the name of the passport. Since she has ger I-485 pending, she must be traveling on AP, right? Her AP is on her married last name. So, when she will re-enter the country, she will have a passport with her maiden last name and her AP with her married last name. She needs to have a marriage certificate and all documents/notices received to be able to justify any possible questions asked by officers upon reentering USA.

Ellada

What docoments ? Can I get any now?

Ellada,

Thanks for your reply.

She just got her GC approved. Everytime we sent USCIS the passport copy, it was on her maiden name. So they would know its the same person.

What I dont have is any document which states specifically that she changed her name. Our marriage certificate here in USA is on her new last name.

Can I get some affidavit or some thing that will state that she did change her last name after marriage other than just as mentioned in marriage certificate.

Where can I get such document.

Name

I did not realize that she has her GC approved! I don't think you should worry. If she has her marriage certificate in her documents, she will be able to show that she got married: therefore, different name. Didn't she get a new social security card? That's another way to show the name change. She will need to get her tickets though on the name listed in the passport--I hope some people respond to this concern. That's my personal opinion and does not mean it is right. Getting an affidavit and have it notarized by a notary public might be the solution to purchasing the tickets in the married name. The letter will say that so and so person is the same. Why don' t you ask a lawyer too before issuing the tickets?

Ellada

I-485 some concerns

Hello All,

I was off this forum for few weeks, now back to exchange your thoughtful opinions. POJ, remember me, I was waiting on RFEs on me and my wife's I-485. Finally they came after 3 and half months later to my attorney's address inspite of letting USCIS-TSC know in writting and over the phone that my attorney is no longer providing me any legal service, any way, my ex-attorney was nice enough to mail me those RFEs. Our RFEs asked for legal status for 7 years (I sent all I-20s, I-94s), EVL, 2003-04 tax returns, last three paystubs. I expressmailed them on 6/03/05. I have following questions, if any of you can shade some light on those:

1. Does USCIS acknowldge the RFE after I send them via mail besides Online update, if so where do they mail the acknowledgement to attorney or me?

2. Then where do they send the RFE response besides online update, to me or the attorney?

I would like to share a scenario with you and hopefully some of you can response to help me:

You know my situation from above, now, I have Canadian Permanent residency in July 2002, according to Canadian immigration rule, out of 5 years residency period one can stay outside Canada for maximum of three years and this July,05 my three years would be exhausted and if I want to keep Canadian PR card I must go to Canada this July. On the other hand, I have my I-140 approved, waiting on RFE response. What should I do? Here is what I am planning and need any of your help to see if my plan is solid or not. We have Advance Parole, planning to go to Canada in this July (I do not think TSC will response to RFEs by June- telling from Saras and banglababu's situations) to Keep Canadian PR status and then if we get approval by AUG.16, 2005 (that is when my wife's AP will expire), then can be back to USA by using AP. I have couple of questions on that, if somebody could help:

1. While going to Canada by car, should I submit our I-94s to Canadian officials? I guess it is important to surrender I-94s so that there is no problem during entry to USA.

2. If we decide to use AP to return to USA from Canada can we do that eventough the grounds for AP was to go to native country.

If you could put yourself in my shoes (I understand may not fit) and tell me what would you do, I would greatly appreciate it. Regards.

Taslim
TSC- Employment based
I-140 RD 11/2003, AD: 02/05
I-485 RD 11/2003 (Concurrently)
I-485 RFE 04/26/2005
RFE Sent 6/03/05
FP 12/2004
EAD 02/2004, 02/2005 (Twice)
AP 8/16/2004

My concern about my wife's last name issue got messed up and mixed with

I am repeating it again

Sorry folks but please advice so I have confort level

I have an urgent question.

My wife wants to travelto her home country. her passport is on her maiden name (using last name before marriage)

Get GC is on new last name (My last name after marriage)

What name does she have to use for the ticket.

Please help me. How would her home country verify her ID. Also when she comes back, will it be a problem for last name being different on tickets and GC.

Please help.

Contact your country's consulate with your wife's passport and marriage certificate. Get her last name changed in the passport.
Buy ticket with the correct last name same as in GC.