Very Urgent, please HELP !!!! I am out of the country

anilmani

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 (EB-2) application got approved on Nov 8, 2006, but I did not receive the card. On Nov 23, I got my passport stamped via InfoPass (temp GC valid for one year)
Currently I am in India on vacation for a month. Last night when I checked my online status, the message changed from “This case has been approved” to what it was when I just applied the I-485 i.e. “we received this application on Aug 11, 2005…blah..blahh..blahh”

is it common for the LUD and message to change like this.

1)Is this because USCIS has sent me another Biometric notice after the approval?
2)I am not going to be in US for another 3 weeks, what shall I do, is it possible they might deny my case and I will have trouble getting in US when returning?
3)Is it possible they issued an RFE, although, that is highly unlikely.
4)Can I call CIS from India and find out what the LUD and message change means and request them to send me the biometric notice one more time for a later date?
5)I have asked the Post office to hold my mails while on vacation; I am assuming they are not going to return my mails to uscis or anything like that.

Experts please help.

Thanks

I think it might be just a mistake and you can certainly call them to ask about it. Either way, I don't believe you'll be denied reentry at the POE. The temporary GC stamp is enough to get you in.

I second that....your GC stamp should take care of re-entry.......even if they was to do further processing...

Thanks both for your assuring response.
nice to know that I will not have any problem getting into the country.

what about the LUD and message changes? could this be a biometric notice?
what if I fail to appear for the biometric per the notice as I am out side the country? how long do they usually wait before denying a case?

can the customer rep tell me anything regarding the LUD and message change if I call them?

Thank again for your kind help.

techy2468 said:
I second that....your GC stamp should take care of re-entry.......even if they was to do further processing...

Hypothetically, even if they granted your GC by mistake (which is highly unlikely), means that you should be able to enter using your old visa/AP. Somebody must have been updated your case status to wrong message. Most likely, they must have mailed your card and instead of updating with that message, you got this message.
Relax, figure out when you come back.

thanks for your advice.
I just wanted to clarify that I did appaer for Biometric on March 11 2006 and my case was aproved on 11/08/2006, so my FP is only 8 months old.
is it possible they might still send me a biometric notice?
Any idea how long are the results of FP/Bio valid?

my I-485 Details:
RD: 08/11/2005
FP/Biometric: 03/11/2006
AD: 11/08/2006
PP stamp:11/23/2006

Thanks

rpranesh said:
Hypothetically, even if they granted your GC by mistake (which is highly unlikely), means that you should be able to enter using your old visa/AP. Somebody must have been updated your case status to wrong message. Most likely, they must have mailed your card and instead of updating with that message, you got this message.
Relax, figure out when you come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 aproved but no Card yet

My I-485 got approved in Nov 2006.
I got my passport stamped and traveled to India for 2 months on vacation.
In the mean time they sent me a FP notice which I missed since I was not in US
I returned to US on 1/30/2007, they stamped my passport as Landed PR on the airport too.
The next day, I walked into the local INS office and did the FP with out any issues.
It has been 4 months since the FP and I have still not received my Physical green card.
Any idea what might be going on?
My wife who is the derivative applicant has already received her card in Feb, 2007.

What are the chances of any problem after the GC approval?
I have changed the job to a similar position/similar salary in Aug 2006 (before approval of the GC)
But have not informed the CIS about that as there is no such requirement in AC21.
I have been working with that company since Aug 2006.
I have worked for more than 6 months with the new company after the approval of the GC.
What happens if by any reason I lose this job, although I don't see that happening any time soon?
Is it possible I might get called for Interview and they will ask me to produce current employment offer and salary etc.?
I hope not informing INS about the job change is not an issue here.
What are the chances of my GC denial considering the fact that my wife has already received the GC?
And mine is approved 7 months ago.

Please suggest
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: