very urgent (is there any way out from this mess?)

Kanadian

Registered Users (C)
please help me!

I have a friend. He is canadian and was working on TN Visa. He wanted to buy a business and he got one gass station from his friend. He registered his company as LLC and then applied E2 visa for that LLC company and showed that his LLC company is buying business. Immigration sent a letter to his friend that you are selling your business to person X. He signed the letter and sent back to immigration that yes I am selling my business to person X. My friend got the visa after that. now after one month his friend went to canada to renew his visa and at the border he mentioned both gas stations in his plan one he owns and the other one about which he told immigration that he is selling to my friend. visa officer wrote the name of the gas stations on his visa paper.

Now his friend is not giving the gas station to him. Is my friend illegal in this country as he does not have the business? or he can buy another gas station and run it or he has to inform immigration righaway about this situation?

I think the situation sounds more complicated than it actually is. In my opinion (please consult a lawyer) the LLC is the legal entity that can own as many businesses as you want. As long as the original basis for the E2 is still valid you should be okay, it does not depend on a particular gass station. Depending on the structure of the visa application/business structure, a lawyer might want to ammend the original application and get it re-approved by the State Department.

Thank you

Your are right...thats what laywer said. He said dont worry and buy and sell as many things as you want because your visa is for your LLC not for a gas station.