Very Urgent,..If someone can please answer

lightrain

Registered Users (C)
Very Urgent,..my mom is very sick

My mother is just daignosed with a grave illness and needs to be hospitalized within 24 hours. She is a US citizen, lives with me, never had any job, less than 65 years old, does not have any insurance but may be eligible for medicaid. I have been claiming her as a dependent for the past six years.
Now, the situation is that I am due to apply for citizenship. If she applies for medicaid, and I have been claiming her as a dependent, DOES that affect my citizenship chances?
This is an urgent question...Regardless of the answer, my mother comes first... I just want to know, f someone can give me an answer...please.

Last edited by a moderator:
lightrain: Personally, I don't think making a claim for dependants for IRS purposes (unless it is a lie) has any affect your citizenship chances.

If the claim is a valid one and not fraud, it would have no bearing on your citizenship application.

Cheers,

Newly

lightrain said:
My mother is just daignosed with a grave illness and needs to be hospitalized within 24 hours. She is a US citizen, lives with me, never had any job, less than 65 years old, does not have any insurance but may be eligible for medicaid. I have been claiming her as a dependent for the past six years.
Now, the situation is that I am due to apply for citizenship. If she applies for medicaid, and I have been claiming her as a dependent, DOES that affect my citizenship chances?
This is an urgent question...Regardless of the answer, my mother comes first... I just want to know, f someone can give me an answer...please.

Her applying for medicaid will not affect your citizenship. I am not even sure the USCIS is interested in this type of information. They're more interested in your criminal record etc..
Best wishes for a fast recovery of your mother.
take care