Very Urgent ....FP problem...Please help !!!

SuhasMuthu

Registered Users (C)
My FP notice was recd by my lawyer on Feb 9th. My lawyer sent out the FP notice by certified mail on Feb 12th. It looks like the address on the certified mail is incorrect. However, my lawyer still has a copy of the FP notice. My question : Is it fine to take the copy of FP notice for Finger Printing or do they insist for the Original FP notice. Can I apply for a duplicate FP Notice and how long will that take?

Please let me know. My FP is scheduled for March 6th. This is Very Urgent !!!. My RD is Oct 19, 1999..waited such a long time to get the FP Notice and now this problem...PLEASE HELP !!!!

Thanks,
SuhasMuthu

No Title

You can call FP center and explain them your problem and see
what they say. Also keep the name of the person who might tell
you that its okay to have copy, so that when you go for FP
you can have some reference with whom you spoke. Otherwise
on FP it says that you must have original FP when you go for
FPing.

All the best.

No Title

You can\'t take copy. You must need original copy from INS. If you loose your original copy your lawyer must call INS and ask them to generate new copy.

I think this help!!! Good Luck.

No Title

I think, if you go to the FP center and explain the problem, they may accept the copy. Just think this way: The reason you are going to give FP is not because they will give you some money or tax benefit. The reason you are going to give FP is because, the Governament wants to check your background and feel safe that you are not a criminal. By giving FP you are completing a step in 485 and trying to prove you are not a criminal that they are looking for. So, they have no reason to suspect you that you may be taking some kind of advantage by hiding original FP notice and producing a copy. The same thing when someone tries to do FP ahead of schedule. If the FP center is not overflowing with FP candidates, then they just do yours any day before the deadline. I did it that way and also I took my FP notice to a center in a totally different state. I told them, I just moved and it is easy to come to this center in GA than to go back in NJ. They said that is fine and did my FP. My 485 got approved without any problems.

But, think of other cases where INS asks for original. For example, when someone gets an RFE, INS wants the original sent back with the reply because, if they accept copies, then a lawyer may send the documents with a copy and he realizes he made some mistake and sends another one with a copy of RFE again, that leads to confusion and more work for INS. Also RFE has a barcode that matches your response with the 485 or whatever application that generated the RFE. So, they have a reason to ask for the original.

Just my thoughts....

No Title

KiranHegde2: You know how INS works. It is very much possible that they prove any theory wrong.

I had also problem with my wife\'s FP. They enter wrong A# with her FP and I am fighting with VSC to understand the problem. Everything else in her FP is correct (such as name, b\'day etc.). I am waiting for 4 months to resolve the issue but it is going no where. I asked INS to transfer the FP with wrong A# to her file since all other information is correct. They didn\'t do anything so I asked for new FP notice so she can go and get it done again. And I am still waiting.........

No Title

Well, your case is different. Since your wife\'s A# on the form is not matching, they may suspect that there is something else going on here. That wrong A# they printed on your wife\'s notice might belong to another person who is a criminal. So, if they do your wife\'s FP with other person\'s A#, then other person might not get caught. But if everything else is straight, they might accept it. And as you said, there may be some person in the FP center who may just refuse to take the FP with a copy of the notice (without explaing what would happen if he does). But, there is not much harm in trying other than wasting some time. That time spent going to FP center to findout may be worth the effort. Just my opinion...

No Title

Thanks a lot to everybody who replied to my message. I shall make a trip to the FP center and find out. Is there anybody there who has any experience with the Alexandria, VA center? I hope I don\'t need to apply for a duplicate..because I know that will be a total waste of time again...

Thank You !!!

SuahsMuthu

No Title

It\'s not wrong A# on notice. When they did FP, they enter wrong A# during FP.

Any idea what to do now??????

No Title

How do you know they entered the wrong A# at FP center ? If you are sure they did a mistake, then you can go to the center again and explain the matter. Speak to the supervisor there. They might help. May be they can even take your FP again and transmit it with right A#. I think INS can not just switch FP results that came with somebody elses A# to yours.

No Title

Ask your lawyer to fax u a copy.
I don\'t think you can take a copy.As it is clearly mentioned for me in my FP that
You have to take one photo ID with original FP Notice.
Check with your lawyer for alternative.
I feel sorry for you
Good luck
Kiran

No Title

When I checked with FBI they couldn\'t find my wife\'s FP by A#. So they searched using her name and b\'date. That worked ok to find her FP but INS wants correct A# on FP (They clearly mis-typed the A#, only 1 number is flip-flop).

No Title

My lawyer sent my FP notice to my old address.
My lawyer didn\'t apply an original copy for me. He asked me to use fax copy of FP notice to do my FP.
I went to ASC and explained to them my situation
They DID accept my photocopy FP notice and let me do my FP.

You may try to ask your ASC about it.

Evergreen

No Title

Evergreen...can you tell me which ASC you went to...is it INS Huntington, Alexandria in Virginia? Any way..I called them up and they said I can bring the copy with me...I hope everything goes fine.
Will let you know, once my FP is completed. Thanks

SuhasMuthu

No Title

I did my FP in Dallas, TX.

I failed the first time. I kept a photocopy of my FP and brought it to do the second time, one month after the 1st FP. I didn\'t tell them I came to redo my FP. They let me did the second time. I passed the 2nd FP. Check with FBI and IIO, both said they had received my FP result.

Good luck for your FP.

Evergreen