very urgent-AP approval

kk2003

Registered Users (C)
hi,
My wife has applied for AP n was received by INS on 26th Feb'2003.WE received a RFE requesting for my I-140 approval document.We submitted the requested documents and was received by them on May20th 2003.Now the case has been assigned to an IIO.I called them yesteray to know the status and was told that it will take 2 weeks to 30 days to process my case n approve it.Now i have a family emergency and i need to leave with in next 3-4 days maximum.I requested them to expidite my process but i was told that even if they speed up it will take atleast 1 week n its late for me.
My GC got approved on May5th and my wife's I-485 is in the final stage of processing.She has EAD but is not working.
I request you to suggest any alternate solutions for my problem.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanx
kk2003

Last edited by a moderator:
I think You can go to Local INS for Emergency AP. I have just heard about it but dont know exact details. Try to find more info on emergency AP

hi parshu
thanx for the info .but i already tried to find out abt emergency AP.I have a family emergency so how can i convince them egarding that.its not a medical emergency.

try it

You can always try and convinve them. My frind was in same situation. He went to a local BCIS office and told them about ememrgency situtation. They said that they will get back within one day. Next day he got a call that his request has been accepted and he can come pick up his AP.
I would suggest to go to the office and clearly explain your situation, they may sympathize and give you AP. No harm in trying.
I hope this helps

rajboo
thanx for the suggession.My wife has to go to India to attend her own sister's wedding.so can we directly say that at local INS office n get it approved.

thanx for any help
kk2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Sister's wedding is not treated as an emergency by BCIS. My wife had a similar situation and couldn't get the AP on the basis of the wedding invitation card.

Per the officer at the local BCIS office - Only medical emergencies of the closest relatives (father, mother, spouse or children) will qualify for an Emergency AP.

Maaan...I know every body has different priorities in life...But buddy....I dont feel its an emergency...

I had to go on emergency so I know how it looks like...ofcourse not on AP..But for a moment you had recalled that moment for me...