Very Urgent !! Any suggestions?

Imminf

Registered Users (C)
We just received from our lawyer a copy of our second fingerprinting notice sent to him by INS dated a month ago. The fingerprinting was scheduled for the first week of Jan 2002, and obviously since we received it from our lawyer today, we\'re already more than a week late for the appointment. We were told just now that he has asked for rescheduling, but the notice clearly says that if we do not appear on the appointed date or reschedule (before that date?) our application is considered as abandoned. If that\'s the case, is our application already cancelled? (and that too in the last stage!)And if our lawyer has applied for rescheduling, can we go anyway personally to the local INS office and request fingerprinting/rescheduling and would they even listen to us? We would really appreciate feedback (and yes we\'ve left messages for our lawyer about this and he has not responded yet)

Just Walk-In the ASC and you\'ll probably get it done. Its not too late.

I would walk in the ACS at the given appointment center, and most probably the officer will consider doing your fingerprint. Just tell them Postal dealy created this problem.

INS don\'t act that fast to abondon the application, so don\'t worry.

In case ASC don\'t accept to do you finderprint ( you can go to local INS office early in the morning and talk to IIO: immigration information officer and let him know about the postal dealy ) and hopefully he/she will re-schedule it. Calling INS center may further delay the process because it very hard to get thourgh during business hours.

I hate these kind of lawyers !! They do lie, just lie.

Good Luck.

is it similar to the first

If you have done the FP on the first and the second notice is similar to the first then i think you sud not worry as the second notice will mention clearly to be ignored if you have done the first one within 90 days.

If the second notice is different and it mentions that your first Finger prints were not clear then you have do second FP . Do not bother about the dates , just go to the ASC and get it done

Bapy

Thanks..

Thanks for your suggestion. We\'ll go to the ASC and see if they do the FP. Another problem is only my FP notice copy was recd. not that of my wife. Would they do her FP too anyway? I\'ll take along the 485 receipts etc for both of us just in case. Best of Luck to you too, hope you get your GC soon.

Well, yes the notice is similar to that of the first fingerprinting, but the first fingerprinting was done nearly a year ago! so the 90 day note doesn\'t apply. Also, only my FP notice was sent, not my wife\'s, so don\'t know if they will do the FP for her too. At this point, am just hoping the GC process isn\'t cancelled yet, and that they will do our FP\'s. We\'ll go directly during the week and find out. Thanks for your reply, Best of Luck for your GC too.

Address change

Has your address changed is this the reason why u did not grt the FP notice

No Title

just do not worry about ur wife\'s. probably she does not need re-do.
just walkin to ASC , tell them the situation, and do it for yourself WITHOUT DELAY

Yes, re-do immediately...

They do not consider a case as abandoned immediately after the FP date has passed. Instead they wait for a period of time for your FP\'s after which they consider your case abandoned. I do not remember what exactly the time period is. Therfore, do it ASAP. Regarding your wife, call an IIO explain your case and see if your wife needs a re-do also and follow it up.

No They wait for Finger Print, don\'t act that fast you know.

I would say go and get your Finger Print Done, Hope you are the principal applicant. I would not confuse the people at ASC with the complixities that wifes\'s FP notice didn\'t come etc... Get your finger print done first and then go to Local INS center and talk to IIO and get an extension for her.

Just let IIO know that she didn\'t recieve her Finger Print re-do notice and you are just concerned. Hopefully IIO will be help and get a new date for her.

I\'m sure INS has not acted on your case to abondon it etc... they wait for finger print from ASC and then from FBI, I dont\' think they act that fast to abondon the case.

We all wish you good luck.

And I hate this kind of attorney\'s and would change the attorney and would complain against him in Bar Association. Finger Print NOtice is something INS send well in advance, usually months ahead of schedule.

Let us know the good news that you got your finger print done.

Good Luck Again.

No Title

Thank you very much for your reply. Apparently the place where the fingerprinting is done is closed on Sunday and Monday, so we\'ll be going there tomorrow. Am keeping my fingers crossed. Incidentally apparently our lawyer hasn\'t rescheduled and now its upto us to go directly and hope they fingerprint me/us. Thanks for the best wishes and in case you are waiting for your green card, hope you get yours very soon. Good Luck to you too.

reply..

The AVM is the same since ages, the " 997 -999 or something days .." one. It does not mention the FP.

No Title

Yes we did change our address, but even before I ever thought of moving, my first fingerprinting notice did not reach us either. I spoke to the IIO sometime last year and she said she has changed the address in the sytem and we got the renewed AP late last year, so its probably already changed, but yet we did not get the fingerprinting notice this time.

thanks..

Thank you. I\'ll do that ASAP (it was closed yesterday and today). I\'m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they do both our fingerprints, just in case hers was not ok too. I\'ll keep you all posted. This entire process really sux doesnt it.

Thanks..

Thank you, I\'ll be going to try and get the fingerprinting done, I hope they do accept it. I\'ll keep you all posted. However its already nearly 2 weeks since the FP appointment date, so please just pray that they do agree to do it anyway. Take care, best of luck with your gc too.

thanks..

Thank you. I\'ll do that ASAP (it was closed yesterday and today). I\'m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they do both our fingerprints, just in case hers was not ok too. I\'ll keep you all posted. This entire process really sux doesnt it.

Thank you..

Thanks for your reply. Its nearly 2 weeks since the FP appointment date but I\'m going to see if they do the FP\'s anyway. Please pray that everything works out, I\'m keeping my fingers crossed. I\'ll keep you all posted. Best of Luck with your application too, hope you get it soon.

When is a good time to go earlier FP.

Finally I received my FP notice.
RD March 2001

FP scheduled Feb. in Oakland. If I\'m planing to go San Jose to do FP, when is a good time, in the early morning or late in the afternoon? Please advise.

Thanks Gurus.