VERY STUPID mistake on my passport, what should I do?

Canadian2GC

Registered Users (C)
My TN is due to expire April 2009.

I made a VERY VERY STUPID mistake on my Canadian passport.

When I renewed my passport a few years ago, I forgot to put down my middle name in the application form. The new passport thus was issued to me WITHOUT my middle name.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? I do not want this to create a problem with my GC application down the road.

My birth cert has my middle name on it as proof. My existing passport does not expire till 2013, should I renew my passport now so that it will bear my MIDDLE name? But if I do that, will that affect the existing TN visa that is stamped on my passport?

I also plan to renew my TN by mail or online this November (TN expires April 2009). I don't want my passport to create a problem with the TN online renewal.

Should I renew my passport first (so that it will have my middle name on it) BEFORE I renew my TN by mail???

Any advice????????? I am losing sleep over this......

Gee you're sure having a sh*%ty day aren't you.

I think you're your own worst enemy. Why do you keep giving us all the impression that you're freaking out over everything. All your posts express this feeling.

The passport was issued based on the birth certificate. The middle name missing shouldn't be a problem unless you make it one. The worst they would probably do is say is the name in the passport has no middle name - please explain - whereby you explain. That's it.

I think this is all too much for C2GC; she should give up and stay home in canadam as the rest of the process will no doubt kill her.

nelsona

I was thinking thinking the same thing too. It makes me wonder how they got here in the first place.