very strange RFE on I485

jaishreeram

Registered Users (C)
They sent the RFE requesting the initial evidence. They said that my case is placed on hold until they receive the initial evidence. In fifteen days I did not receive the RFE so I placed a service request. After fifteen days of service request, I received their reply. They just mentioned that "Based on my request they researched the status of my case. They are actively processing my case. However they have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time. They asked me to wait for next six months for the decision."
So where is the evidence required??? I do not know what to do. I just don't want to sit idle to finally find myself in a situation that I did not send my evidence and got rejected. You know what I mean. Please help.

Got the exact same response

I submitted a service request back in January since my 140 (RD Aug 2007 concurrent with 485) has been "within" the processing time since then. I received the exact same response. It seems this is an automated response to just get out of it. They said they were "actively" working on it. Now, 4 months later, I still have not received a resolution. Wonder if they are still actively working on it. At that rate, no wonder processing dates move a day per month!

I would suggest to proactively contact them and find out what the RFE is about.

They sent the RFE requesting the initial evidence. They said that my case is placed on hold until they receive the initial evidence. In fifteen days I did not receive the RFE so I placed a service request. After fifteen days of service request, I received their reply. They just mentioned that "Based on my request they researched the status of my case. They are actively processing my case. However they have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time. They asked me to wait for next six months for the decision."
So where is the evidence required??? I do not know what to do. I just don't want to sit idle to finally find myself in a situation that I did not send my evidence and got rejected. You know what I mean. Please help.

The response that you received is just a canned response. If you are working with an attorney, ask him/her to get a copy of RFE from USCIS. If not, then take an infopass appointment and ask them to give you a copy of RFE (or have it mailed again). Check your address on file etc. If you do not followup and do not responf to RFE in time, they may deny your case.

I485 rfe

Thanks for replies guys.
I have wrote a letter to immigration officer as per recommendation of customer agent. Lets see if the officer replies back. It seems I can not take infopass appointment unless 45 days have been passed on my service request.