Very Satisfied with the whole immigration process

Details:

PD: 06/98
ND: 09/24/99
FP: 08/04/00
Green Card Approval: 10/23/2000

The entire process, namely, F-1 -> H-1B -> Labor -> I-140 -> I-485 -> FP -> Greencard Approval took just over 2.5 years, that\'s right 2 years and 8 months (It all started in Feb 1998). So, no complaints. The reason why everything went like clockwork is because I had a wondrerful attorney who knew exactly what he was doing. And that makes all the difference in the world. Good luck to everybody in this forum.

No Title

should you be really so happy, satisfied,
and stupid that you post this kind of
message, when people are waiting for
their GC for years.

Do you know the meaning of lucky, that
is all you are. Do\'nt post this whether
you are too smart or your attorney is
too smart.

No Title

Actually this is nothing surprising. I know a lot of pepople in "Other" category who get the whole thing over with in 12-15 months. The key is that priority dares there are always current in eb1-3 categories, hence not much of a wait. However, don\'t credit attourneys. Having been here in various statuses I dealt with all kinds of paperwork. Paperwork, that\'s all it is. Anyone can do it.

No Title

Are you sure about what you just said???

I thought the processing order is by ND regardless of EB1-3 or Other/India/China.
I don\'t believe INS sorts the file based on country and EB. I could be wrong.

Basically I thought it was
based on when the applications are in. If you are right then I should have
gotten mine approved a year ago!!! I am \'other\' category, and EB2.

I have been in this process for more than 2 years now. I am really disturbed
by your statement about getting the whole thing over in 12-15 months.

No Title

The whole process took less than 2 years in my case. F1 to H1 to green card was less than 2 years. I am from ML in west Africa.
I was EB3.

No Title

Hi Kita,

Can you share your details??? I wonder why mine is taking so long then.
I am EB2, other. ND Oct99 RD Oct99 for my I485.

Thank you in advance,

LJ

No Title

Since your ND is Oct 99, you are right within the 12 month range. I am sorry I alarmed you, but you have nothing to worry about. The key is "priority date". People from India and China have to wait for a long time before their PD becomes current, while people in "other" category can file for adjustment of status right away. Therefore the whole process takes much less time. Ofcourse once you filed the application, it gets in the same line, but many who are in line with you have been waiting to file for a very long time. I hope I made it clearer this time. Good luck, Ivy

Ivy

No Title

RD 08/25/99 ND 09/16/99.
EB3 AD 10/11/2000. Passport stamped date 10/17/2000 in Philadelphia.