Very interesting

wwossen

Registered Users (C)
Very interesting:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. amzanig, huh?

In futere we shodlu statr writing like this…may be at BCIS they will understand this more easily and take quick decisions

Very !!

... but could we please limit our postings on this forum to 485 issues at the Nebraska Service Center? Next thing we know people would be talking about their families, their personal problems, their bosses, their secretaries and heaven knows what else.

Pleeease!!

Hi norfesept01,
Don't be so cranky. I know sometime it is hard to keep our cool due to the enormous pressure of the whole GC process. All we know wwossen. He is a frequent contributor in this forum. What is the problem if he/she post some simple humor to delight us all. I agree with you that this is a NSC I-485 forum. I would mind if someone out of the blue post some unrelated topics here but I won't mind if Ghewaalbhai, porkchop, wwossen or someone like that post something that is not related to immigration to relieve our pressure and give some humor. Please don't be so uptight. If I hurt you I apolozige.

hey, all! here's a suggestion...

in the CSC forum, whenever they post anything which is other than immigration related, they start the subject line with the word "SPAM", for example, in the case of this thread, it would be: "SPAM: Very interesting".

that way, you know right away that it is not immigration-related, and you can simply not open that post if you didn't want to. and since california leads the nation in everything else, why not emulate them here as well?

so long as we are not getting inundated by such, i think there is no harm at all in a few off-beat posts, just to break the tedium and monotony of pouring over issue after immigration issue.

what you y'all, y'all?

Re: hey, all! here's a suggestion...

Originally posted by Pork Chop
.... not open that post if you didn't want to. and since california leads the nation in everything else, why not emulate them here as well?....

Myabe, we culod emlutae the claifnorians and rcelal our belvoed persdient?;)

A good Idea

Sankrityayan,

I like your idea. Pity you don't work for the USCIS. Things would be better for us.

Just a respectful exhortation, guys

If I had been cranky, I would probably have used more intemperate language. I have no problem with the odd mirthful posting, like the jokes on Friday, but of late I have been noticing a tendency for this forum to morph into a smorgasbord of unrelated trivia. I come to this forum because I am looking for focused discussion and information on the 485 issue. Might as well relabel the forum 'Generally speaking 485 issues in Nebraska Service Center, but could contain discussions on EAD/AP/H1/F1/J and also information unrelated to immigration, plus occasionally information to educate, titillate, humor...blah blah blah' or maybe just 'blah blah blah....'.

That said, it is everybody's forum and if everyone else don't have a problem, I respectfully defer to the majority view.

And by the way, I do like the suggestion made by some of the worthies to prefix the subject with the word 'SPAM' or whatever so that cranky old geasers like me can stay away if they so want.

Re: Just a respectful exhortation, guys

Originally posted by norfesept01
If I had been cranky, I would probably have used more intemperate language. ....

By all means, feel free to use intemperate language! For many, these forums have become an outlet to rant and sound-off. It is almost like a session with a shrink.:D

norfesept01

Sorry if you think I did wrong by posting this but I found it very interesting and would like to share it with my friends who helped me answering my questions and gave directions to solve my problems on this long and never lasting GC process. AS Pork Chop suggested I would use SPAM to alert you not to open it or read it. After all " MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE” and would like you to know how mind interpret things.

Life is to sohrt have fun.

Now that it is de jure to pontificate on anything under, over and within the sun in this forum, I would like to add my own two bits on the subject of the original posting.

I am surprised that it took research at Cambridge U. to establish that the human eye does not take in reading material in 'letterfuls' but rather in 'wordfuls'. I knew it all along and wonder whose precious research dollars were spent in funding such inane research.

I actually also belive that many of us may read in sentences or even pargraphs at a time. Well, maybe that could be the next research topic. Know anyone who would like to fund that one at Cambridge? Or anywhere closer home?

Originally posted by norfesept01
.... I actually also belive that many of us may read in sentences or even pargraphs at a time. Well, maybe that could be the next research topic. Know anyone who would like to fund that one at Cambridge? Or anywhere closer home?

So, would it be apt to term this as 'heuristic linguistics'? Maybe someone like a Kennedy can take it in by the page, and put all those sentencers and paragraphers to shame!

You should be pounding on the doors of MIT's Media Lab. They seem to have no dearth of funding for such inanities. Over here, we can hardly afford 'C++ for Dummies', can barely read by the letter, and even so, our event horizon is limited to all cards 'green'.

while on the subject of inane research subjects...

then there was this research that proved that women articulate their thoughts much better than men.

well, d-uh...!!

A wise man once said, "It is very hard to put your foot in your mouth if its tightly shut"

I guess I learned my lesson today :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no expert on language and I am not even sure if the poster meant to say du jour, but de jure (latin for by law) seems to apply quite well in the post, while du jour (french as in Belle du jour) does not work as well.

In any case, given that English (and neither french nor latin) is not the first langauge of the vast majority here, we have no choice but to be a forgiving lot.

Originally posted by SirZ
A wise man once said, "It is very hard to put your foot in your mouth if its tightly shut"

I guess I learned my lesson today :)

You do a disservice to viewers by deleting your previous post. It would have made an interesting exchange and all of us would have been a bit wiser for it;)