Very Interesting AC21 Case ...Please read

bkh33al

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have posted several messages in the past for responses and haven't received any.

Anyway, I am very happy to let those of you that are interested to find out, know that our applications have been approved.

1) I-140 approved in 2001 December.
2) Lost employment due to hard times after NASDAQ crash in Jan 2002
3) Quit the sponsoring employer A, and transferred my H1 to employer B in Feb 2002
4) Filed I-485 with the sponsoring employer's support in April 2002 with the intent to work for them again.
5) Received RFE for employment letter and pay stubs etc etc in May 2004
6) Responded to the RFE and the case was transferred in june 2004 to local office for interview
7) In July 2004, we moved out of state and changed to employer C in April 2004.
8) Notified INS about address change AR-11
9) Due to the jurisdictional changes, our cases needed to transfer to another district office
10) After 8 months, no communication from the first local district office and hence contacted the senator for help
11) Senator's help worked and just as they promised our case got transferred again to the our new district office. I and my wife recieved interview letters separately within 2 weeks of time.
12) February 2005, we attended the interview and went through some gruesome interview/interrogation process
13) The officer asked me specifically that if I ever worked for the sponsoring employer after I-485 filing and I answered no, and explained him that I would love to go back if I need to stay legal, but at the moment I don't feel comfortable as it involves selling our house and moving the family. I didn't use any words such as AC21 or anything, instead had been honest to him
14) He repeatedly asked me if I have anything else to show him (besides the items they asked me to bring which are current employment letter stating number of hours per week and rate of pay, our passports and I-94s). I told him that I am only prepared with what they have asked and if he needs anything else I requested him to let me know.
15) Office was very pleasant and polite and said that he will send us a letter if he needs any additional documentation within 2 days
16) Interview process was ended without any signs. He said that he needs to run some checks
17) after 10 days today we received our approval letters.

Mine is by far the most complicated case and was prepared to go back to my sponsoring employer in case of a case denial or NOID.

Anyway, please feel free to ask any questions if you wish at peach_9880@yahoo.com.

Good Luck to rest of you all,

So Long.

Congrats !!

Probably You Deserve an award for extra ordinary patience.

Keep visiting here.

Thanks for the post.

Congrats!!

My case is similar to yours, except got laid off before 180 days after filing 485. Got transfered to local office for interview. Could you post questions asked during interview.Also, did your lawyer accompany you for the interview? was your wife interviewed separately?
Thanks in advance for you reply..

Nothing special in terms of questions...

First of all thank you all for all your hearty congratulations. Keep your fingers crossed and your applications will be approved without any hassles.

The officer was asking us routine questions that they aske every one.
1) When did you first come to united states (Aug 27th, 1994)
2) What visa did you come on (M1 Visa as a Student Trainee pilot)
3) As soon as I said pilot, he kind of drilled into my background and my intentions
4) Was I ever invovled in any terrorist activities (No)
5) Was I ever arrested before (No)
6) When did we get married (2000)
7) How did we meet eachother (arranged marriage)
8) How is our arranged marriage working (Fantastic)
9) Tell me briefly where did you go to school and what are the companies worked for (explained)
10) He stopped me and asked "so you never worked for the sponsoring employer after filing I - 485?" (No)
11) I can tell he was very unhapppy
12) He then jotted down everything I explained him with patience
13) He kept saying "So do you have anything else for about 5 or 6 times
14) I gave him my 2004 W2s and he looked at those in detail
15) I told him that I brought everything he asked for in the letter and if he needs any evidence, he can certainly let me know
16) He questioned my wife if she ever worked withouth the EAD
17) He said that's all and the interview is over
18) I asked him about the decision, he said he needs to make some checks and then let me know by the following Friday
19) As promised he made the decision (approve) on the same day and mailed it by Friday.

Even though he looked very unfriendly, all he cared was that I am not involved in any terrorist activities or if I ever were illegal during the stay and etc etc. Now after getting approved, I feel that it was a pleasant surprise and overall the experience was good.

Thanks.

bkh33al,

Congratulations and thanks for the interview transcript... You really are very lucky! :cool: keep posting...