very important: love, 7th year h1 extn, EAD and AP

zyx2002

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I recently got my 7th year h1 approved. I have also recently applied for EAD and am contemplating to apply for AP.

I have a few questions:

1. Once I get my EAD approved does that automatically mean
I switch over to EAD and dont use the 7th year h1. That is does that mean I have to use EAD and not h1. This is very important for
me because I am contemplating to marry and have been told that
if I am on h1 I can bring my gal ( i mean my wife to USA) after marriage and in EAD I cant and have to wait for 6 yrs to bring her( my would be wife is a beauty queen and I had to take a lot of pain to win her heart since many more suitors were after her, if I tell her that she has to wait for 6yrs she will drop me like a hot potato for sure!!!!!!)

2. My h1 stamp in passport has expired. I can get it stamped in India or use AP. If I use AP will it mean I have to go to EAD and
abandon h1( which I cant as my sweet heart will abnadon me
in that case).

I am thinking of this strategy get EAD and AP. Go to India and
get h1 visa stamped( incase if there is any issue come back on AP).

Gurus I seek your advice on this issue.

I never thought that green card can put spanner to my quest for the dream girl.

Only when you file w-9 with EAD as proof of employment authorization, then you are considered to be on EAD.
Usage of AP does not mean you have to use EAD. But plan on getting H1 stamp and using it. Use AP as a backup. Make sure that you and your spouse dont enter thru the same checking point you with AP and he/she with H4.