very important: love, 7th year h1 extn, EAD and AP

zyx2002

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I recently got my 7th year h1 approved. I have also recently applied for EAD and am contemplating to apply for AP.

I have a few questions:

1. Once I get my EAD approved does that automatically mean
I switch over to EAD and dont use the 7th year h1. That is does that mean I have to use EAD and not h1. This is very important for
me because I am contemplating to marry and have been told that
if I am on h1 I can bring my gal ( i mean my wife to USA) after marriage and in EAD I cant and have to wait for 6 yrs to bring her( my would be wife is a beauty queen and I had to take a lot of pain to win her heart since many more suitors were after her, if I tell her that she has to wait for 6yrs she will drop me like a hot potato for sure!!!!!!)

2. My h1 stamp in passport has expired. I can get it stamped in India or use AP. If I use AP will it mean I have to go to EAD and
abandon h1( which I cant as my sweet heart will abnadon me
in that case).

I am thinking of this strategy get EAD and AP. Go to India and
get h1 visa stamped( incase if there is any issue come back on AP).

Gurus I seek your advice on this issue.

I never thought that green card can put spanner to my quest for the dream girl.

How abt using V visa, isn't that the visa for spouse of GC or GC in process?

donno, just throwing a thought around.

zyx2002,

your tinking is correct..applying for EAD and AP will not invalidate your H1 status unless you use it. you can still work on h1. This way you can get your wife on a h4.....

good luck with your marriage!

To provide good guidance on your problem, i'll need a little more information. what's the contact number for this girl?

:D

Come one guys show some repect to her, she is would be wife of one of our friend, this is not good.

plz do not take me wrong on this, i also like to kid around but may be we must draw line on this issue.

once again ,plz do not take me wrong

here is a URL i found on site
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109096

and here is something from there

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to extend the provisions governing nonimmigrant status for spouses and children of permanent resident aliens awaiting the availability of an immigrant visa, and for other purposes.

thx

thanks

rock1,

how does bcis know whether I am using h1 or EAD? If I
have both h1 and EAD in which status am I. This is my main confusion.

manoj2003,

thanks very much for your thoughtful mail.

vee1, ucisucks,

I had to spend lot of time, effort and money to get or I should
say nearly get my gal( till the day I marry her I cant be sure as
other suitors are still actively trying to cajole her in nullifying our engagement and entice her ......). I have to learn martial arts also as a very keen suitor was not willing to accept the fact that she didnt listen to his wooing. So dont set eye on my gal. I am lovesick and really jealous about her.

My question here is that the 7th year extension is for GC application. So do you guys think that somebody can get a H1 stamp in India for 7th year H1 extension? As far as I know you need to use AP to travel if you are on 7th year H1 extension. As H1 is dual intent visa, he can still bring his wife on H4; can't he?

gurus, please clarify.....

You need to you H1 to travel. Using AP invalidates H1B.
Hope the 7th year H1b is multiple entry. I am not aware of any travel restrictions on the 7th year H1.
Ofcourse you need to marry soon and apply for her GC before yours is approved.

BTW does the beauty queen have a twin sister that I can hook up with???

Rasmeek

My friend got a 7th year extention and got his H1-b visa stamped in St. louis/washington. And his wife left for India and she will be back in couple of days.

My point is you can get visa stamped with 7th yr ext also.

zyx2002: If you have time of 4months then get your visa stamped here in US itself. and your wife can get her H4 in India. If you come under chennai consulate I do suggest this as the best way to get your would be wife come dream girl.

Best of luck.

Originally posted by pibo
My question here is that the 7th year extension is for GC application. So do you guys think that somebody can get a H1 stamp in India for 7th year H1 extension? As far as I know you need to use AP to travel if you are on 7th year H1 extension. As H1 is dual intent visa, he can still bring his wife on H4; can't he?

gurus, please clarify.....

zyx2002,

By reading your message I thought i would pass this to you.

Regarding possessing a spectacularly wife, the moralist Chanakhya Pandita says:

RinakartA pitA shatruh
MAtA cha vyabhichArinI
BhAryA rUpavatI shatruh
Putra shatruh kupanditah

“In this world, a man has four enemies; a father who is a debtor, a mother who is like a prostitute, a beautiful wife, and a son who is uninterested in spiritual science”

A beautiful wife is an enemy because many other men will be attracted to her.

Here is my suggestion.
Marriage is major part of our life. So please make your decision seriously and wisely. My friend was also in somewhat your type of situation. Guess what happen after marriage. Lots of problem...

Best of luck !!!!