Very important, CP procedure change

kms

Registered Users (C)
This is the update I received from my attorney.
---------------------------
1. Once our office receives the Packet 3, we will mail it via FedEx to
a P.O. Box in Missouri.

2. Once the Packet 3 is received in Missouri, it will take 4 to 5 weeks
for the Packet 3 to be updated in the NVC computer.

3. Once the Packet 3 has been updated in the NVC computer, it will take
6 to 8 weeks for them to review the Packet 3.

4. If the Packet 3 is complete, it will be sent via Diplomatic Pouch to
the consulate which will process your visa. (The packet must be sent
via Diplomatic Pouch, the NVC will not send it via FedEx, even if we
provide the label and our billing information). It will take 1 to 12
weeks for the Diplomatic Pouch to reach the consulate.

In other words, it will take anywhere from 11 to 25 months in order for
the consulate to receive your Packet 3 once we receive it from the NVC.
-----------------------------
Guys, she is sending same info. she received from NVC.

looks like CP glory days are over for some of us, who is stuck wit P3 stage.

This is going to be a big paperwork nightmare for every one.

Please post any comments/suggestions

No Title

Few points I wonder about:
1. I think you meant weeks and not months.
2. It is unlike them to be so specific in time duration for each stage. How do you know of this?
3. Recent memorandum suggests use of intranet which may contradict use of diplomatic pouch. I also wonder why would they tell you they are going to use diplomatic pouch.
4. That memorandum suggested unequal treatment of different nationals. Is there new treatment for the "rest of the world"?

I beg forgiveness for being very straight forward. I don\'t say I don\'t believe you.

No Title

I sort of agree with Abu_lafya. They sort of give you a standard timeline, but looking at cp tracker.com , things have been happening sooner than the standard time line. This new procedure will delay the process, but should not take more than 6 months to get an apt at the worst.

Well it\'s a broad guideline - just like

the way INS and NVC give u a rough estimate of time....
for e.g.1)140 process taked 150-240 days [it took 35 days for me mcse]
2) P3 will be mailed from NVC in 4-6(or is it 8) weeks [whereas it usually takes 3 weeks]
so i believe it won\'t be all that bad once the initial hiccups are over :)

No Title

I agree... They just give you a vague timeline. Usually its much faster. Moreover, its a new process and even NVC doesnt have any timelines on this. Hope things move fast enough....

Thank you for the feedback

I read about this new procedure in some board, and asked my attorney to varify.

She called NVC and reveived the info, I posted exacly, I received from her.

Additional step will take min 2-3 months extra(processing+mailing delay).

diplomatic pouch question was specifically asked by my attorney becasue I told her how would NVC mail our documents once they receive documents from us, regular mail would take 1 month to india, I suggested could we use addressed/paid fedex envelops.

Since new procedure is not in place yet, initial processes may be painfuly.

I am yet to rreceive my P3, some people not yet received their P3, bcz they would be receiving with new instructions in jan.

Thanks

It might affect time lines

but it should not be that bad. and once the proces smothes out it will be OK
I am guessing 2 months difference Max

KMS and Abu Lafya

KMS:

While I do not know when the new procedure will be implemented, the timelines are well in line with NVC\'s procedures. Please see my post in the following discussion:

gcDrone "I talked with NVC regarding changes effective from Jan2" 12/27/01 9:45am

This procedure has been in place for several consulates (called "Alpha" consulates), including Montreal. I opted for consular processing in Montreal and am going through the same procedure.

For Abu Lafya:

1. Timelines: these timelines are the standard responses that NVC operators have been providing. They are not "specific durations", but approximate times for the process. In practice, some stages take less time.

2. Diplomatic Pouch: the new "Packet 3" will require applicants to send originals / certified copies of all documents in Packet 3 stage. Upon review, NVC shall send these documents in a diplomatic pouch to the consulate, where applicant can reclaim them after supplying copies. Since actual documents are involved, it is not possible to conduct this on the intranet.

3. "Rest of the world": NVC started with "Alpha" consulates, and is now extending this process to more consulates including the ones in India. It seems like they are taking a phased approach, and will eventually "internalize" all consulates.

Eventually, NVC will be to CP what INS is to AOS. Unless they implement a streamlined and efficient process with appropriate staffing, issues like backlogs that plagued AOS will arise in CP.

"Required documents"

Under this new process, could someone please post the list of required documents that we need to send to St Louis along with the P3 forms (DS 230 & OF 169)?

(i) Specifically, which documents must be original and for which ones are certified copies acceptable?

(ii) Do we need to send documents like PCC, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc along with P3 OR is it OK if we produce them during interview?

Where does the PCC come into question

gcDrone,

Thanks for the detailed information! However, my question is, where does the PCC come in the scheme of things?

KH

documents

I do not think you have to send all that only d230I forms

rest will be mailed to you(list), you can carry them to the interview.

Thanks,
KMS

No Title

original posts suggest 11 WEEKS to 25 WEEKS, i.e. 3.5 - 6 months.

regarding pouch: DS230 can be online. Marriage/Birth certs. after inspection at NVC can be online. Same for I134. Memorandum suggest information sharing via DOS Intranet.

No Title

People, don\'t panic.

Welcome to the SAME procedure that the rest of us went through with CP in Canada at Montreal. It\'s not going to take 11-25 months, even with the added caseload of P3s coming to the NVC.

For reassurance, compare the tracking times for Montreal cases. In 2000, my case took about 5 months from sending P3 to the NVC to completion, and it hasn\'t really changed much since then. Like conventional P3 processing at the consulates, much of the variation in times between cases depends on whether you make the monthly deadline for visa number requests.

You DO NOT send the NVC any originals of any documents other than the signed forms. You DO send copies of any documents listed in OF-169 that apply to you, which means you should also have a copy of any police certificates that apply to you. The copies DO NOT have to be "certified copies" (i.e. certified by a notary).

No Title

Only to people which are getting P3 nowdays from NVC. They are getting new instructions to follow. You need to follow the instructions you got.

PCC

GC Dreamer, Thank you VERY much for your help.

Regarding PCC: My passport is with DOS for H-1 revalidation. I don\'t expect it back for another month (at least). I sent photocopy of passport to Houston (Indian) consulate last month for PCC. It\'s very possible that by the time I send P3 to NVC, I won\'t have my original passport back from DOS - which means that I also won\'t have PCC from Houston (I\'ve been told that you need to produce orig. PP for PCC).

Given all this, is it acceptable to send P3 to NVC without PCC but produce it at the interview? Do they insist that ALL documents mentioned in OF-169 be submitted to NVC?

Procedure Change

Guys,
I am in the same boat as you all are except that my packet III (or whatever heck the new name is) is ways away from getting to me.

I got a word from my lawyer that the only thing that has changed about the new process is that PCC is required for Chennai Consulate. Perhaps, this info may not be accurate because my lawyer may not have talked to NVC yet. But based on the information that I have seen so far in that State Department Memo sent out by Colin Powell, it suggests that the process is going to be simplified and new technology such as internet, e-mail etc will be used aplenty.

But reading all ya postings makes me wonder if we are imagining this big monster that isn\'t out there. Just being positve and keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks.

Arun Kumar

NewDude:

Revalidation is taking 12 weeks minimum. Due to anthrax problems (some passports are being held for decontamination), extra security checks, holidays etc. etc., the processing time is increasing. Worst case: I\'ll have to fax DOS to return my PP without revalidation if I need it for P3 (i.e. PCC).