• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Very High CN

haliphaqx

Registered Users (C)
Very High Case Number

I receive the NL yesterday the 9th of June. At first I was thrilled and excited, but now, I'm not only confused but also scared .
My CN number is very very high AF00070xxx a friend of mine who received the letter too about one month ago told me he had never seen such a high CN number
I'm an F1 student, currently in New Jersey, and I wonder if I should do CP or AOS ? the problem with CP is that although I am currently a F1 student, my visa has expired and it's my I20 and my I94 (with the mention D/S (duration of status)) that "cover" me. so if I leave the US, I'll have to do the interview again, and I might as well be denied the visa.
Please, I really need your help guys, for I am lost (and I realize that all the whole thing so far has done to me, is add some more headaches to my already very complicated and stressful life)

Last edited by a moderator:
I receive the NL yesterday the 9th of June. At first I was thrilled and excited, but now, I'm not only confused but also scared .
My CN number is very very high AF00070xxx a friend of mine who received the letter too about one month ago told me he had never seen such a high CN number
I'm an F1 student, currently in New Jersey, and I wonder if I should do CP or AOS ? the problem with CP is that although I am currently a F1 student, my visa has expired and it's my I20 and my I94 (with the mention D/S (duration of status)) that "cover" me. so if I leave the US, I'll have to do the interview again, and I might as well be denied the visa.
Please, I really need your help guys, for I am lost (and I realize that all the whole thing so far has done to me, is add some more headaches to my already very complicated and stressful life)

AOS is not recomended for such a high CN. Your best choice would be to do CP. Regarding the expired F1 visa and the need to renew if you go back, you'll just have to risk it.

What you can do if it is possible it to go back home and apply for a new F1 visa before you send all the paperwork back to KCC. As long as you haven't send the paperwork to the KCC, they (The U.S Embassy/Consulate) will not know that you're in the process of getting a green card. This way, you'll have a valid F1 visa when you go to the interview.

Renewing F1 visa is a lot easier than getting it for the first time. The chance of F1 rejection on renewal is very small.

OMG, I'm in EXACTLY the same situation. My number is also AF00070xxx and my student visa is expired, but my I20 and my I94 are current and is what's keeping me legal, so I'm scared of risking CP. But then if I do AOS and my number never becomes current, will I be at risk for losing my F1 because I declared intent to immigrate??

I'm also afraid of going back home to renew my student visa because it's expensive and what if they refuse to renew it?

Also, I talked to an immigration lawyer today and he told me it doesn't matter if you do CP or AOS because you won't get called for an interview anyway until your number becomes current, and from past bulletins our number range never seems to become current. I also don't know what to do :(

Muffin, I'm sorry to hear you're in the same situation, but I must admit, I'm relieved I've found someone in the same boat as I (and who has managed to talk to a lawyer to boot)
First I must say that it's true that more than often, our numbers have never become current
however, they have in 2007, 2006 and 2002

all those three years, it was in September

So what i've decided to do, was first to succeed all my exams and take a much better program so that when I go back to my country (Cameroon) with a "stronger" I20, I increase my chances of not being denied the visa, then If in July-August I see that the current numbers are in the 50-60.000s, then I'll schedule a trip back to my country in order to quickly do the medical tests. meanwhile, at the end of this year, I'll start asking my folks to commence establishing my certificate of good conduct. the first thing I'll do when I get back home will be to quickly ask for a renewal of my F1 visa . Another possibility might be to go to what is called a "third country" (that is Mexico and Canada) and ask for a renewal of my F1 visa there, prior to go back to Cameroon. What do you think of it ? here is my email haliphaqx@yahoo.com, feel free to contact me so we can discuss maybe on the phone

Muffin, I'm sorry to hear you're in the same situation, but I must admit, I'm relieved I've found someone in the same boat as I (and who has managed to talk to a lawyer to boot)
First I must say that it's true that more than often, our numbers have never become current
however, they have in 2007, 2006 and 2002

all those three years, it was in September

So what i've decided to do, was first to succeed all my exams and take a much better program so that when I go back to my country (Cameroon) with a "stronger" I20, I increase my chances of not being denied the visa, then If in July-August I see that the current numbers are in the 50-60.000s, then I'll schedule a trip back to my country in order to quickly do the medical tests. meanwhile, at the end of this year, I'll start asking my folks to commence establishing my certificate of good conduct. the first thing I'll do when I get back home will be to quickly ask for a renewal of my F1 visa . Another possibility might be to go to what is called a "third country" (that is Mexico and Canada) and ask for a renewal of my F1 visa there, prior to go back to Cameroon. What do you think of it ? here is my email haliphaqx@yahoo.com, feel free to contact me so we can discuss maybe on the phone

Hi, I was also relived to see someone with a high number like mine because I had not seen such a number before on the forums when doing my research.

I don't know what I'm going to do because I think once you send your papers to KCC you've shown intent to immigrate and your F1 status is at risk if you don't succeed with the GC.

Either way I think your idea to get the visa renewed before returning to Cameroon is a good one. Once my I20 is transferred to my grad program in the fall I'll also do the same, maybe go to Canada to get it renewed, and then decide what to do.

I wonder how long we can wait before sending the paperwork to KCC to start the process. Is there a deadline?

BTW I have sent you an email :)