Very Bad experience at InfoPass for iEAD: Advice appreciated

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
I went for my InfoPass on Wednesday for an iEAD (90 days from my RD).

After checking my receipts, the officer asked me if I ever recvd an RFE. I told him that I replied back to the RFE with my birth certificates and also got an acknowledgement for it from CIS in the form of an e-mail. I showed him the e-mail receipt too

The officer din't know what to do next. He asked a supervisor on next steps - and the supervisor came and told me that I need to come back 90 DAYS AFTER RFE acknowledgement. I had to come back empty-handed.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Also, the processing dates for NBC changed today - and they are currently processing I765 cases with a RD of 11/18. That is almost 45 days AFTER my RD for I765. Any ideas on what might be happening here? or what I should do?

fyi: Some of you have recvd an e-mail receipt that your FP/Bio have been received and processing has resumed on your case. I never recvd such a notice.

Thanks in advance.
Rajesh

rajeshfromLA said:

After checking my receipts, the officer asked me if I ever recvd an RFE. I told him that I replied back to the RFE with my birth certificates and also got an acknowledgement for it from CIS in the form of an e-mail. I showed him the e-mail receipt too

The officer din't know what to do next. He asked a supervisor on next steps - and the supervisor came and told me that I need to come back 90 DAYS AFTER RFE acknowledgement. I had to come back empty-handed.

Also, the processing dates for NBC changed today - and they are currently processing I765 cases with a RD of 11/18. That is almost 45 days AFTER my RD for I765. Any ideas on what might be happening here? or what I should do?

fyi: Some of you have recvd an e-mail receipt that your FP/Bio have been received and processing has resumed on your case. I never recvd such a notice.

Thanks in advance.
Rajesh

rajesh, you should get your iEAD irrespective of your RFE. You should go again and ask them. Call us USCIS first.

rajeshfromLA said:

Thanks in advance.
Rajesh
I have read some where that counting to 90 days stopped when a RFE is issued. It begins when RFE is recived by USCIS. Means time between RFE issued and received are not counted towards 90 days. You may check with your attorney.

IND77 said:
I have read some where that counting to 90 days stopped when a RFE is issued. It begins when RFE is recived by USCIS. Means time between RFE issued and received are not counted towards 90 days. You may check with your attorney.

IND77 - Do you remember where you read this? Thanks

I agree with ind77 i read that somewhere too i think u should do a search on ins website i think that is where i saw it goodluck.

I think its all about how rules are intrepreted by different folks.

I am going to take another InfoPass and hope that another officer grants the iEAD to me.

In the meantime, if any one of you find out about the rule for delay in iEAD because of RFE from either a lawyer or from the BCIS website, please post the link

Just called the CIS customer service number - and told them that it was 90 days beyond my RD - and stilll haven't recvd a decision on my EAD yet.

The customer service rep told me that she has created an official request for CIS to look into the case and that I will get a letter from them about it within 30 days.

Is that some thing normal?

Thanks

rajeshfromLA said:
Just called the CIS customer service number - and told them that it was 90 days beyond my RD - and stilll haven't recvd a decision on my EAD yet.

The customer service rep told me that she has created an official request for CIS to look into the case and that I will get a letter from them about it within 30 days.

Is that some thing normal?

Thanks

I think it is normal. I got my iEAD but didnt get my ead for a while.so i called uscis and the rep told me that she was going to put a note on file about it and in week or so i got an email that my ead is posted.hope the same happens to you.Good luck