vermont i140 message - anybody know what this message is

jay123

Registered Users (C)
Vermont AVM updated REF response on 30th oct for edu eval and on 3rd dec got this message,
" A written decision on your i140 case was mailed on Dec 3rd. In case of any change of address, please speak to our representative".

yes

Your case is certainly rejected. It will be more difficult for you to apply right now.
Which catagory did you apply in?

EXPERIENCE

EB3 category. Licenciate in mech engg (4 years) with 12 years IT experience, 6 in India and 6 in US

No Title

We are still awaiting for the MAILED written decision from INS. Hopefully this will be requirement for some more docs and not rejection.My attorney has the same opinion as yours.

let us know what happened

I cannot understand either. You may need a much better attorney, I guess.

No Title

while I 140 appeal is with AAO and if your H1B 6 years expire, are you allowed to stay legally in US with 7th year extension?

There are many reasons for I-140 rejection that have nothing to do with his qualifications

The most obvious, and frequent, is the ability for the company to pay the offered wage. There are others such as failure to respond to an RFE, failure to submit a required document (such as the original LC) and others.

Jim

I got the same I-140 denied message

I got the dreaded message "a written decision has been mailed to you on Dec. 4th" too. This is after responding RFE requesting for original LC in Oct. The problem is that my lawyer says that he never received my LC from DOL in the mail, and NY DOL will only issue a copy of LC directly to INS, not to the petitioner. So we responded the RFE after receving confirmation phone calls from DOL that they have sent a copy of LC to INS. Now my I-140 is still denied, and according to my lawyer, probably because INS did not receive the LC from DOL or it was not put in my file on time, and they made a decision based on the RFE response alone.

What is my option here? Does INS has to have original LC? What happens in case of the originals lost like mine?

Thanks in advance!

Jay123.. Could you pl let us know the staus of your 140?

I do got the same AVM yesterday... Please let me know the status of your case.. it wud be great if you can email me at palam25@yahoo.com Thanks a lot..

where do you get this notice?

Where do they sent this decision notice? my home address? or to my employer?

Eb1-1 HELP: VSC requested me to submit evidence??

Eb1-1 HELP: VSC requested me to submit evidence??

Hello,

I self subbmitted my Eb-1 alien with exceptional ability on Nov 3rd, 2001 to VSC.
I rceived my receipt in the end of November, 2001.
However, I got "Notice of Action" on Jan 15, 2002 (yesterday)
asked me to submit at least three evidence to demonstreate my ability.

Why is that since I already enclosed my supproting documents with I-140 to VSC? ?
Did they lose my stuff??

Thanks

hi

I do not think they lose your stuff. Probably your stuff submitted did not support your claim of EA strongly. You must submit at least 3 hard evidences for that purpose.

Please see my qualification

Hello,
Thank you for your mail.

Please let me know your idea or what stuff I should stengthen my evidence.

My background:
PhD in EE 2000 from a big-10 univ.
1 journal, 6 Ieee conferences, 1 pending patent, 7 refences from Japan , sweden US, 1 conference review, 5 citations
Invited seminar talk at UC, Berkeley.
Work for a start up over $100K

Thank you for your help.

I think,

INS did not think your (or sombody\'s) petition good enough, so they ask you to present your evidences again.
I think you should get some excellent letters from US professors/leaders, not from Japan, Sweden;
present your citations by journals citing your work, rank of the journals; get letters for your patent, conference review and so on.
The weakness for your petition you did not have many papers published.
Good luck!!!

hi thank you

Hello,
You are really helpful in this ground.
I have seen many your suggestions.
Thank you so much.
So, basically I will rearganize my stuff and get more references.
Hope this will work.

Best.

Another lost LC

I am in the same situation. My lawyer didn\'t received my LC from DOL by mail. The lawyer requested copy of LC from DOL and instead of original, sent this copy to INS. Now INS answering, that they are requested RFE of the LC from DOL. It lasts more than 4 month. How to go out of this magic circle?