Vermont center Visitor visa extension processing time

Lonesome Dove

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for my mother's visitor visa extension with Vermont service center on March 24 and have already received a receipt notice. Her original I9W departure date was April 4, 2009.

We had requested a 2 month extension for her and have not received a decision yet.

She is planning to leave on June 7, 2009.

Does anyone know the processing time for I539 at vermont service center?

What should we do if we do not get a decision by June 7, 2009?

Can we get any more information from INS about her case?

I think that she should just depart as planned on June 7 and we will wait for the decision from INS.

I did not realize that her 10 year visa can be cancelled if her extension application is denied and she overstays her original I94 date when I filed the application. I guess it is too late now!

Does she have a green coloured I-94W or a white coloured I-94?

I hope she had a valid reason to request an extension,

Her original I9W departure date was April 4, 2009.

I did not realize that her 10 year visa can be cancelled if her extension application is denied and she overstays her original I94 date when I filed the application. I guess it is too late now!

Update: Approval for I539 received

I received an approval for the I539 application that I had filed for my mother yesterday. It took around 80 days for the Vermont center to process the application.

BTW, the online INS case status tracking system still says that the decision is pending :)

Hi, i just want to ask, if they deny your request for extension of stay, will they give you enough time to depart US?

BTW, i applied for extension of stay last aug 17 and i received my receipt notice last aug 24. i applied at vermont service center.