Venting it out (Do not read if already depressed)

bhartiy

Registered Users (C)
All,

Today is the 599th day since I received my notice.
Tomorrow onwards I'd join the "600 and Above" club.

Why do I make such a fuss about it?
Well, on Apr 27 my reply to the RFE reached USCIS.
I was told by all my near and dear (and acquaintances) that "This is good news! Your G.C. is just around the corner, maybe in 15-20 days".

All the others in the thread below who got approved also substantiated the above.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125323&page=1&pp=15

The 15-20 days have now become 87 days.

What hurts most that if after sending the RFE and receiving the reply if the USCIS was not going to do anything about it then why did they send the RFE in the first place (or at such an early stage)?
If it was not my turn for approval then I could have waited for a few months more rather than waiting like a dog wagging the tail after eating the first bone (RFE) and expecting the meatier one (approval)

By the way I just compared myself to a dog, which I feel is not such a bad thing.

Anyways, never felt so low and believe me, never wanted to post this note.

Still did it. Better than venting it to the waitress at the bar. :), she wouldn't understand and /or wouldn't care.

Well, my 2nd FP is due on Jul 30. Did not want to try and get it done earlier and in the process getting shooed away by the officer there. Ouch!

One the positive note, there are few on this forum who have gone through worse than this and still going on (do they or for that matter do I have a choice?).
There is a lot to learn from them, but sometimes it just doesn’t work. Today is one of those days.

When this process began and I used to look around me to see people going through all sorts of frustrations, I had decided never ever to get myself into that mode. I managed pretty well, I think. :confused:
But alas! How the mighty fall.
The cookie just crumbled.

Thanks.

bhartiy,

I understand your frustrations. I know the worst wait is when the RFE is raised and has been replied back and the status does not change. You (Atleast I did) keep checking may be 10 times a day, not relying on INS email updates. But you should atleast consider yourself better off since you know that your FP has expired. I bet you will get the approval in a week's time after you have your FP done. The 87 days that you said does not apply to you. The within-20-30-days-approval-after-RFE-receipt category are for those who do not have any other known issues pending.

Do not make the mistake of going for early FP. It may delay your case.

if it makes you feel any better, i have responded to my FRE a year ago and am still waiting! what make you outta that!?

Dear Friend Bhartiy,

I am usually a silent reader/occasional writer of this wonderful forum. But pain and frustation in your post compelled me to reply. I can understand your frustation and pain you have gone/are going through. I think I am in worse situation... I am in 700+ days club..(today is 730th day to be precise.. with notice date July-2002.. :( :mad: and I don't know what is the status of my case...Online message says " We received the application......" since day 1.. I did my first FP in Sep 2002... Never online message got changed... didn't receive RFE yet... Called Customer service many times. Not much help. Reply - "Currently we are processing Jan-2002's cases, Sir. You are 6 months behind.." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You are atleast lucky to get some update on your case... many of my friends who applied many months after me got approved many months ago.. I am working for a typical desi "IT Consulting" company.. if you are working with "similar" one.. you might know the pain and challenges... and believe me have suffered a lot mentally... financially..... in this mad chase behind this magical :confused: thing called "green card".... I keep on wondering... Is it worth it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------
ND: JUL-2002
I am not a lawyer, Ignore whatever I say or use at your own risk

Hey your FP is expired, you can't get approved until you do FP again, and once you do FP, "Your G.C. is just around the corner, maybe in 15-20 days".

mi2004,
you may be partially true regarding the much worse wait...
Let me tell you the worst wait...
waiting to see RFE replied status and approval..., after your employer and attorney say that they have repiled to the RFE. In actual when they have not yet replied to the RFE.

Cmon Guys !!Chill out. Have a few beers !! Go to a couple of night clubs and take it easy. Who the hell cares about this green card crap. Atleast I dont. I was falling in the same depression loop and I just controlled myself. If I get it fine otherwise to hell with it.

Once I get it I may think whether it was really worth it. I guess I dont wanna know the answer. So enjoy life guys !!!!! :p :p :p

RD oCT 15, 2002
ND Oct 30, 2002
FP1 Dec 5, 2002
FP2 Jul 15, 2002
AD : Dont know and dont care !!!!

Take it easy

Well, I don't know whether my case make you feel better or depressed, my RD is 01/2002, RFE09/2003(EVL), 2FP09/2003, still waiting... Contacted senator, congressman a few times, was told pending with routine background check, contacted FBI and the name check was sent back to USCIS in 02/2004, don't know what to do to roll my case.
Counting my days 940+ and growing. Am I terrorist? :confused:
All in one word: Take it easy.

in the same situation

bhartiy:

I am also in the 600+ club for some time. When I received my RFE notice, thought my approval would be in a month or so. Right after my RFE was received I got FP notice.

What made me feel bad is the date they scheduled it for was July 30th even though the FP was generated on early June, tried to do it early and being an "always unlucky" chap I got a scornful reply saying, "The date on this says July 30 and that means next month....". There was no point in explaining my situation further. I thought of trying it again as someone mentioned in this forum St Louis does allow to do early FP, but no point in risking...I hope 2nd FP might change things around. I am actually expecting my FP to generate my wife's FP notice.

The good thing with GC is there is a forum like this to share your grief with others and everybody here can understand you. After I go through this forum , I actually pray for those people whose are waiting longer than me. Keep faith...one day we will also receive the long awaited email..

skris

ahhaaa..

saw my LUD changed to 7/24/2004...wondering what they are doing on a saturday....

skris

bhartiy and others,
Is GC the life source for all of you. Yes GC opens a lot of doors, but as the the popular adage goes, if one door closes , another opens.
GC is the panacea for all your troubles in life. It does put a lot of us in obligation and bind to others. It gives control of our life to others. However it all depends on how one decides to view one's circumstances. The way I view it: "Every dog has its day...today it is the day of these dogs who control us, it will be our day sometime in the future."...
If this pIECE of Green colored card colors ones thought, it states the utter hollowness of ones life and shallowness of life's flow...Life is not that shallow..This river of life is deep and when u feel hopeless, talk to ur family, talk to ur loved ones, talk to friends, talk to us in this forum...Thats what this forum is for....
So have a nice weekend..and dont let this card pull u down...u r capable of rising in life eve w/o this GC.

Yesterday, my wife and I saw a reply posted by magajmari..., in this thread reagarding karma..., peace of mind coming from within ourselves....
what happened to that post??

why do u call going for early fp a mistake?

mi2004 said:
bhartiy,

I understand your frustrations. I know the worst wait is when the RFE is raised and has been replied back and the status does not change. You (Atleast I did) keep checking may be 10 times a day, not relying on INS email updates. But you should atleast consider yourself better off since you know that your FP has expired. I bet you will get the approval in a week's time after you have your FP done. The 87 days that you said does not apply to you. The within-20-30-days-approval-after-RFE-receipt category are for those who do not have any other known issues pending.

Do not make the mistake of going for early FP. It may delay your case.

I got into my 570th day yesterday, and am a month away from the 600 club. I have not received anything althgou my LUD changed on 6/15 with no explenation or no results. so far, except for that change, it is very quite......I am getting ready to feel special being in the 600 days club.

best,

I read through all the peoples reply. This site is very wonderful to know exactly what is going on other people mind. Also to console other people like us.

When I get depressed I remember of one song - "Dunia mai kitna gaam hai mera gaam kitna kam hai". This give me some console to live on.