Venati, how did you check your FP with FBI recently since yours was done in July 2001?

Carl

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Venati

I saw in your previous posting that you checked with FBI recently and then checked back with INS to find out that they finally received your FP results. I have called FBI again about my FP today (since the INS officer sounded like they had not received my FP done in May last year), the person who answered the phone in FBI told me that they only kept the FP records for 90 days, and I have to talk to the INS for whether or not to redo the FP.

How did you talk to FBI for yours done last year (which is over 90 days now)? Thank you.

Carl, Read This

I had my FP done in July 2001.
When I called last month, IIO said my case is pending because it is waiting for something.
I asked what it is waiting for? She said FP details are not received.

Then I called FBI and said I wanted to know whether my FP details are sent to INS . FBI said they sent it.

Then again I called NSC. This time another IIO. She is very helpful. First I gave my LIN #. Same answer i.e., no FP details. Then I told that we called FBI and they said they sent FP details already. Then that IIO took my A # and checked in another computer and said yes we have received your FP details.

She also said that the case is pending because my FP details are not updated in the first computer(I guess this is the main computer). I asked do I have to do anything to expedite. She said wait. Nothing I can do.

I called last week(after one month). This time a male IIO. He could not tell much. He said my case is pending for FBI check. I don\'t know what it is . He said it may take few weeks or few months. I can only hope that everything will be ok.

Thanks. I guess we are the unlucky ones. To have FP done earlier doesn\'t help anyway.