Vannakam

Koym2r_Maapilai

Registered Users (C)
Anna,

Ennangannov Ethukku Poi Ippidi Kovuchukireenga....
Ada Vaalkayila Ethelellam SaGajamungov......
Koyamuthur pakkam vaangov...Vanthu Namma Veetla Kaapi thanee kuduchutu pongov....

Intha INS karanungov enna pudunguraangonu theriyallengov....
Kadasiyilley namma vinnapathayellam edaikku pottu perucham palam vaange thingaporanungov.....

Vaalga Thamilagam....Valarga Tamil...

Originally posted by Koym2r_Maapilai
Anna,

Ennangannov Ethukku Poi Ippidi Kovuchukireenga....
Ada Vaalkayila Ethelellam SaGajamungov......
Koyamuthur pakkam vaangov...Vanthu Namma Veetla Kaapi thanee kuduchutu pongov....

Intha INS karanungov enna pudunguraangonu theriyallengov....
Kadasiyilley namma vinnapathayellam edaikku pottu perucham palam vaange thingaporanungov.....

Vaalga Thamilagam....Valarga Tamil...

it is difficult to change certain people.:D

Re: Re: Vannakam

Roran...Dog's tail and all that.

Coimbatore guy...your love for Tamil notwithstanding, please try to be polite.

Originally posted by roran
it is difficult to change certain people.:D

I think he is one of the old user who wants to see ppl reactions by posting the thread in diff langauge. His post count is only 3 and as "Awaiting approval" says he enjoys bashing... that is true..

machan

ennangada ellarum peela udareenga....
mavane kayla maatuneenga...kaima thaan.....
pothikittu povanungella.....vanthutaanunga gnayam pesa....

:) ...Ungal Ottu koym2r maapilaikey......

oihwt wt903 4785 0239u w FOIWE JFOPI EW9WE owief weio ,,wegiojweoj, fweufheu wkhjf i8y79yj&UIH(Yoijifwe u wfi j38yasn. fow83uflnk aoiuf q3kjaw 9uqrk3jr qo39rj q3rori3 uqpk3mf ewlke gfp3o4jtpi2l21 rk234op92uorj4kkkw el ep[.
:D :D :D

kalakku mapilai !

waatha...ivanugaluku basha puriyaathu....namako hindi theriyathu....ivanunga thittala vangikattika avasiyam ila....thayavu senju aangilathula pesinal namba thamizha mattam thaata maataanunga...oru vendugol...avvalavuthan...

naan sonnathuku puriyama thituvanunga but...thats okay...oongaluku kavalama illaeyna...go ahead screw em all buddy...do whatever you want...thats why you are taking the immigration path....toward freedom of f***ing speech !!!

besides, ypu added some spice to the usual boring "oooh.when do i get my GC...mommmieee..i want to be american...yada yada yada" ..just be yourself...I understand there are ppl from diff. languages on this site but hey! do whatever you want man..thats why its a freakin message board ....well...sorta !!
enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:
mappillaikku oru O! pottachu!

Mappillai,

Kavalai paddama yezhdhu naaina! Avanavan asingama kandapadi yezhthurananga, namma mattum thamile yezhthakudatha enna? Namma yezhthuradhu puriyonnamna tamil kattrukattum, namma english kattrukalliya adhu madhri.

Those guys, who write irrelevant subjects on Indo-Pak, religious,tgif subjects what do they think? They will be read in this board whatever non-sense they write. So Mappillai, you have every right to write in any language and every subject. Also the guys who write obsene languages on this board, do think they are behind the veil of the user id, as if in the school toilet. So Mappillai my vote is for you! Write something funny, we understand, if other guys want to know how funny it is, let them post politely for a translation and we will post one.

Avanunga Mandai Kayya Kallakku Mappillai!!

Mappillai.. Thanganchi eppadi keedhu?......

Maaplilai,

Rombha naala kadudhasiye illai.. Oorila inna vishesham.. Thangahchi, koyandhani ellam sowkyima?... Ennammo pachchai kuththinnu varennu pona .. aale kaanalaye ba!! seekiram oodu vandhu seru...... Ore naai thollaya irukidhu.. Kolaikarathu kekkalai?...

Machaan.....:D

Re: mappillaikku oru O! pottachu!

Originally posted by pachai_attai
Mappillai,

Kavalai paddama yezhdhu naaina! Avanavan asingama kandapadi yezhthurananga, namma mattum thamile yezhthakudatha enna? Namma yezhthuradhu puriyonnamna tamil kattrukattum, namma english kattrukalliya adhu madhri.

Those guys, who write irrelevant subjects on Indo-Pak, religious,tgif subjects what do they think? They will be read in this board whatever non-sense they write. So Mappillai, you have every right to write in any language and every subject. Also the guys who write obsene languages on this board, do think they are behind the veil of the user id, as if in the school toilet. So Mappillai my vote is for you! Write something funny, we understand, if other guys want to know how funny it is, let them post politely for a translation and we will post one.

Avanunga Mandai Kayya Kallakku Mappillai!!

so you enjoy if mapillai gets bashed up? Dear friend, please understand that we share our ideas/thoughts through a tool called language. Imagine if you go some place and you need help and every person in that city spoke a language of his own!!! That's the idea of common language.

Having said that, guys who don't understand tamil here, please be polite. Using abusive language doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Do I enjoy Mappilai bashed up?

NO, not at all, for that matter I do not approve anyone writing insults pointing to another person in this informative site. My point is Mappilai started a thread with his musing "What these INS guys are doing?" in Tamil. There was no offence meant in that, it is like people shared Urdhu, Hindi poems in this site, but immediate response from some guys are bashing, even that in their own language. Just imagine a French artist in Oscar accepting his award in French, will the audience boo, and swear at him? Basically you expect someone to translate it for you. Till that time be patient will be the norm.

Also about the common language dear Awaiting, how many times you would have had the fun of mumbling something to yourself or to your friend next to you in tamil in a public place? It is natural and sometimes fun to let the steam off in your language. That's why I appreciated Mapillai. It was like a small flower appearing in the plain, bland green(card topic) meadow. :D

Yeppadi andha kadaisi vari ;)

There isn't anything wrong in wanting to talk in ones mother-tongue...but I think as a courtesy to others one should avoid talking/posting in a language that is foreign to others in the group. Well there is a difference between someone wanting to talk in French during Oscars (because they can express themselves best in their own language) vs. someone who studied in English and/or converses in English at work.

I once received an official complaint from an American co-worker who was offended by a bunch of people who share the office with him and talk in Hindi among themselves. I could relate to him because I learnt Tamil by listening to a bunch of insensitive co-workers talk in Tamil all the time (best part of it was they always thought I couldn't follow a word of what they were saying).

Well in both situations if the effected individuals (myself/American co-worker) confronted the situation themselves, it would have been the same response - "freedom of speech" or "Kalakku mapillai".

Moral of the story - Don't let them bother you... at the most you can feel sorry for the ignorant.

all for courtesy, fun etc etc ...

I think both sides need a little bit more of maturity! Koym2r could have clearly identified his post as meant for tamil speaking population and as for fun only. But, why is the first reaction from people who couldn't understand the language used "can't change some people, dog and tail, tambi chutiya & maderchod" ???? Can someone explain this?

When someone started a thread a few months ago where people shared poems in Hindi, others stayed clear of it. No one found it offensive and no one complained that English be used to share only immig. related information here! At the same time, the moment someone posts something in Tamil, for fun, all hell seems to break loose!

Even ZeusChicago, in his/her post, seems to show this bias! While the American was offended by a "bunch of people" speaking in Hindi, ZeusChicago seems to be offended by a "bunch of insensitive co-workers" speaking in Tamil! Guess speaking in Tamil makes one really insensitive but Hindi doesn't!

ZeusChicago, in a professional setting, any language other than English is and should be offensive! I have been offended by people speaking Tamil, Telugu & Hindi, in the work place! But, the point is that "all" the other (than English) languages should be found equally offensive! "Equal Opportunity" to offend is stressed here :) Freedom of speech shouldn't be cited as an excuse in such cases.

Re: all for courtesy, fun etc etc ...

Originally posted by prajaram
I think both sides need a little bit more of maturity! Koym2r could have clearly identified his post as meant for tamil speaking population and as for fun only. But, why is the first reaction from people who couldn't understand the language used "can't change some people, dog and tail, tambi chutiya & maderchod" ???? Can someone explain this?

When someone started a thread a few months ago where people shared poems in Hindi, others stayed clear of it. No one found it offensive and no one complained that English be used to share only immig. related information here! At the same time, the moment someone posts something in Tamil, for fun, all hell seems to break loose!

Even ZeusChicago, in his/her post, seems to show this bias! While the American was offended by a "bunch of people" speaking in Hindi, ZeusChicago seems to be offended by a "bunch of insensitive co-workers" speaking in Tamil! Guess speaking in Tamil makes one really insensitive but Hindi doesn't!

ZeusChicago, in a professional setting, any language other than English is and should be offensive! I have been offended by people speaking Tamil, Telugu & Hindi, in the work place! But, the point is that "all" the other (than English) languages should be found equally offensive! "Equal Opportunity" to offend is stressed here :) Freedom of speech shouldn't be cited as an excuse in such cases.

I am attaching the first thread of the same person here. He was advised by many of us and yet he started another one.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74278
In any public place/forum I strongly advise that a common language be spoken. If you see the hindi poem thread which was posted a while back, you can also see my message somewhere lost in the crowd that it is better to post translations. BTW I can understand and talk both the languages. But, that is not the point here. If a person starts something like this some people cannot stand the comments. I do not know about others who enjoy all these bashings, but not me.
In order to let out the frustration on someone just because he converses in a different language, one should not start conversing in a third different language.There is no harm in trying to change the person, if not successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If one doesn't care, don't respond. The thread will die its own natural death. The more the reponses (pro/con/abuse/bashing/whatever) keeps the thread active and alive. Be it Tamil or Hindi (2 of the occasionally posted languages in this forum), follow the same approach.

If one does not even want to see the user's postings, add the user to your 'Ignore List'.

If you are really riled up, report it to the Moderator. May be, the thread will get deleted.