Validity of 7th year extension.

GC7thYear

Registered Users (C)
Validity of H1 7th year extension.

Hello,

My 6 years on H1 would be completed in May 2004. My employer has filed for LC(regular) in May 2003. Assuming that I get the 7th year extension approved next year, if my Project is moved to another location of the same employer in US after May 2004 and I am transferred/moved there,

1. Would I still be able to continue to work on the extended Visa in the new place ?
2. What about future extensions, if required, from the new place?
3. Would it affect the GC processing in any way?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My 6 years on H1 would be completed in May 2004. My employer has filed for LC(regular) in May 2003.
--- Risk, MAY 2003 and May 2004, depends on the date or PD of your LC filing it should be pending more than 365 days
Assuming that I get the 7th year extension approved next year, if my Project is moved to another location of the same employer in US after May 2004 and I am transferred/moved there,

1. Would I still be able to continue to work on the extended Visa in the new place ?
-----If you are moved to new location then your LCA should be for new location or amended for new location
2. What about future extensions, if required, from the new place?
---- No problems if LC pending more than 365 days or I-140 filed or I-485 filed and pending
3. Would it affect the GC processing in any way?
--- No, Employer should get you 7th year H1 extension, once LC is approved, I-140, I-485 should be filed with AP and EAD, with the service center that cover employer H.Q. till that time you may work on H1b at different location and later on EAD, GC is for the future job