Valid reasons for requesting extension of B-2 Visas

rpais

Registered Users (C)
What are some of the reasons that resulted in successful approvals in the recent past? What are the reasons that did NOT result in approval?

I'm too looking for answer to same Question...

I'm also lookig for answer to same question. I have a roundrip ticket for july 24. I will then also be completeing the 6 months period. I would like to extend for about 5 more months. I'm staying here with my son, totally supported. ( Thouigh I'm planning to leave by Oct end.)

Thanks
-Mom of deenig2.

I have successfully applied for B-2 extension for my Mom last year. We filled out the necessary paperwork and on the top of the packet placed a letter which basically said:

"My husband (name, SSN, US Citizen) and I (name, SSN, US Permanent Resident) would like to have her stay with us for an additional period of 3 months. This would allow us to celebrate the holidays together and she would travel back to ... in January 2003. Due to both my and my husband’s demanding jobs (occupations, place of employment) it is very hard for us to find the time to travel and her staying with us is the only way we can spend time together.
My mother is staying in our ...address .... residence. During her extended stay in the United States, we will bear all her responsibilities including, but not limited to, housing and meals, and travel expenses within the USA, as well as any medical expenses. We will personally make sure that she leaves the United States before the expiration of her authorized stay. "

Hope this helps.
Eszter