Valid duration for visiting first time on 10 year multi-entry visitor visa

rajdhingra

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about visitor visa. I live in United States and have Green Card. I sent an invitation letter for my parents (who live in India) in July 2003 to visit me. They were expected to travel here to the US in September and that’s what they told the visa officials. They were granted a 10 year multiple entry visitor visa without any problem. However, there has been some change and they would like to visit me in the US in Feb. 2004 instead (i.e. 7 months after visa was approved and 5 months after original planned date). Duration of their stay will still remain the same (about 6-7 weeks). Will that be OK since they have 10 years multiple entry visitor’s visa? If there is any complication, then, they can visit me sooner as well.

Please let me know. I’ll appreciate your help in the matter.

Somebody at the embassy told them that for the first time they must visit in 6 months or their visa will be invalid. Just wanted to make sure that was all BS.

Originally posted by rajdhingra
Somebody at the embassy told them that for the first time they must visit in 6 months or their visa will be invalid. Just wanted to make sure that was all BS.

That is BS for sure!