Vague looking GC stamp on Passport

brigand

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was approved last week. I got a copy of my 485 approval and went to INS office. They looked at my documents and then stamped my passport.

It was a pathetic looking stamp!! anyone can forge the stamp! I cant believe that after all this crap abt Homeland security, the GC stamp looks like its been designed by a 12 year old.....

It is valid for 1 year.

The INS officer said I could travel abroad with that stamp!! I dont believe her...

If anyone reading this has got the stamp on their passport, could you please tell me what your GC stamp looks like?

I agree. It's very creping looking and looks like those homemade stamps. Not only that, a lot of the information is just handwrittern by the officer on that page.

newbie_gc said:
I agree. It's very creping looking and looks like those homemade stamps. Not only that, a lot of the information is just handwrittern by the officer on that page.

Has anyone travelled to India on that stamp?

brigand said:
My 485 was approved last week. I got a copy of my 485 approval and went to INS office. They looked at my documents and then stamped my passport.

It was a pathetic looking stamp!! anyone can forge the stamp! I cant believe that after all this crap abt Homeland security, the GC stamp looks like its been designed by a 12 year old.....

It is valid for 1 year.

The INS officer said I could travel abroad with that stamp!! I dont believe her...

If anyone reading this has got the stamp on their passport, could you please tell me what your GC stamp looks like?

Hi,

Congratulation on the approval. You are right, many have related their experience about the stamp and said how anti-climatic it is to receive such a simple stamp after all the wait and tensions !! I still am waiting for my anticlimax.

One thing you have to remember is that once you land in US, they will verify the details of the stamp on your passport through their system. So, even if you forge the stamp, you cannot forge it onto their system, and that is how they track if stamp is for real.

yeah...that stamping sucks. I guess that is USCIS' way of making mockery of all our miseries and tensions and anxities and excitements and exhilirations......
but...who cares...! :p

Yes the stamp is pathetic!! You could get those made for 50 Rs., street side price, in India!! But:
just like
' A Rose, Is a Rose, IS A ROSE'....
'A stamp, Is a Stamp, IS A STAMP!!!' :)

TheGCWait said:
Yes the stamp is pathetic!! You could get those made for 50 Rs., street side price, in India!! But:
just like
' A Rose, Is a Rose, IS A ROSE'....
- Gertrude Stein

'A stamp, Is a Stamp, IS A STAMP!!!' :)

I agree too. Last year we travelled on AP and our POE was Newark. Lot of things on the stamp was hand written. Forget other countries acceptance of the hand written stamp, govt. officials in their home country don't want to accept. Couple of months ago we went to renew my wife's DL at Trenton RO and the supervisor at DMV refused to accept that stamp in the PP, claiming it was altered and started accusing us. DHS has no money, dont you know that :) hahahaha

Forget about the stamp yaar.
Stop discussing and enjoy the freedom.
--------------------------
RD:6/19/2002
AD:??????????????????????????????????

No More Complaints...

"BUEATY is in the eye of the BE-HOLDER..."

Enjoy your hard earned FREDOM...

--chakul

Vague and ugly stamping is directly related with better security, because it is difficult to copy. I nice and shining stamp can be ordered with any good stamp making vendor. So do not worry about that. Try to believe in its ugliness.

I think the problem will not be with the look. It will not denote which country issued permanent residence status to the person. It has no signature. No country name. Nothing. That is the scary part to show someone out side us to prove that the holder of the visa is a permanent resident of us.

>> It was a pathetic looking stamp!! anyone can forge the stamp! I cant believe that after all this crap abt Homeland security, the GC stamp looks like its been designed by a 12 year old

so what did you expect.
a gold plated certificate extolling your change in immigration transition.

take it easy chief.

I travelled to Canada and came back with the I551 stamp. No problems. Your A Number is also written above the stamp and the officer pulls that up on their computer at the immigration checkpoint. I guess that has your picture and status, etc.
So relax and don't worry. Travel freely.

Goober

ind15 said:
>> It was a pathetic looking stamp!! anyone can forge the stamp! I cant believe that after all this crap abt Homeland security, the GC stamp looks like its been designed by a 12 year old

so what did you expect.
a gold plated certificate extolling your change in immigration transition.

YES!!! that will do for now

Hey guys!!!

Don't worry about your stamp,the thing to be concern now is when we will receive our physical card called "Green Card".We got our PP stamped 40 days ago...no cards yet...Our passports will expire in June 2005,We really hope that they will send our cards before that,otherwise we are going to have to re-do the stamp for the renewed passports!I hate think of that!

**The stamp looks easy to forge but it includes numbers and officer signature
that are impossible to forge!! That is why they double check when you first travel on your stamped passport.