VA PBEC Members -Pvrchow, Luckyluck, Leo09-friend, krik, Potomac, Nkindia, Z000

akela

Registered Users (C)
Hello these members. Your LC, going by the trend should have been cleared by now (so should have been mine). But your LC has not been certified yet. Just wanted to check that indeed that is the case or you guys have not updated the forum.

Pvrchow, Luckyluck, Leo09-friend, Flyingwhiz, Potomac, Nkindia, Z0002, Krik, Hallecomet86, Ben123, Kiran00, Sameer2730

You are right for the trend. I see that lot of people who applied during 2002 March - June are getting their approval. Not sure what's going @ BPEC. I applied in 2002 May in EB2-RIR from VA but haven't even received the 45 days letter. Did any one get approval without the 45days letter?

Thanks

still waiting

I am still waiting. I checked with my lawyers but there is no sign of approval.

I havent yet received my 45days letter yet. Some of them who filed after me got the letter. Dont know why?

45 days letter

Hi,

My PD is Jan 2004 VA RIR. I've not received my 45 days letter.
Looks like March/April 2004 PDs are getting now.
Don't know why?

VA-RIR
T-05167-XXXXX

Rajuba said:
You are right for the trend. I see that lot of people who applied during 2002 March - June are getting their approval. Not sure what's going @ BPEC. I applied in 2002 May in EB2-RIR from VA but haven't even received the 45 days letter. Did any one get approval without the 45days letter?

Thanks

If you are May 2002 you should have got the 45 day letter by now. There is something wrong seriously.

1) Either your lawyer or Copmany received it and not want to share that with you

2) Letter sent to wrong address - Case might get closed if this is the case

Shake our company and Attorney to check immediatley as this is serious

Otherwise your case will get closed and you will lose this priced PD.

Act Today !!! All the best

Rajuba said:

Thanks

For VA they have issued 45 day letter as early as Nov 2004/Dec 2004. If you have not received please check with your attorney. For sure they or your employer should have received it. If not there might be chances for the mail being lost in the process.If they have mailed you and you have not received there are chances for case closure. Take this seriously and call your Attorney immediately

45day letter

Priority date is Oct 2004.. received 45 day letter last week.

I did have a correction notice.. :Unable to locate company.. ????

letter with contacts

Please send this message to contacts listed. if you do not help yourself, no one will.

to: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
subject: bring your attention to some interesting numbers

Hi, Dear Ms. Chao:

I think that you will be very interested in what I am revealing to you in this letter.

For Labor Certifcation, there are currently two Backlog Elimination Centers: Dallas & Philadelphia. An online tracker showed some interesting data. The online tracker can be considerred as a survey. Among this sample, 770 cases in Philadelphia and 756 in Dallas (as of March 24, 2006).

The survey showed that Dallas has processed 49.7% (376) of its cases , whereas Philadelphia has only processed 19.5% (150) of its cases. That means that

1) Philadephia works only 39.2% efficient as Dalas (19.5/49.7 = 39.2%).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadelphia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

If Philadelphia is telling you that they are doing things differently and they will pick up speed later, it is a lie. The reason is sample: both centers have sent out same amount of 45-day letters (Philadelphia sent out 74.3% of its cases and Dallas 71.3%).

I sincerely think that you want to do something about it.

DOL Contacts for letters and fax

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Pending VA EB RIR cases Jan 2002 - June 2002

There have been a good number of approvals of VA EB RIR cases from Jan 2002 - June 2002 that already cleared state level. Lately this streak has started extending into July. However, there are some of us who fall in this range and have still not seen the light of the day. I have tried to compile an approximate listing of the pending cases below:

Name PD EB category

pvrchow Jan 1, 2002 EB2
potomac Feb 1, 2002 EB?
nkindia Feb 27, 2002 EB?
GCDALPHIL Mar 11, 2002 EB?
luckyluck Mar 19, 2002 EB?
immi_info Mar ??, 2002 EB3
Z0002 Apr 19, 2002 EB?
krik May 1, 2002 EB3
akela May 3, 2002 EB2
halleycomet86 May 14, 2002 EB3
ben123 May 17, 2002 EB2
Kiran00 May 17, 2002 EB?
sameer2730 May 17, 2002 EB?
leo09-friend May 17, 2002 EB?
gc_psraj May 20, 2002 EB?
flyingwhiz June 1, 2002 EB?
ij_2002 June 1, 2002 EB?

Please post any updates/additions to the list above.
Good luck to us all.

If you are RIR, if your case was approved by your state and then went to DOL and then subsequently to PBEC, what extra do they check at PBEC, is there a chance of your LC being rejected at this stage?

I am asking because I know my application is in Final review since at least Jan 06 and no news since. What does this all means? Any insight?
Thanks in advance,
akela

Any suggestions?

Should we all write letters that our much older cases are still pending while PBEC is now processing cases around Sept 2002?

ben123 said:
Should we all write letters that our much older cases are still pending while PBEC is now processing cases around Sept 2002?
I doubt this will have an impact. I remember reading somewhere (might have been on murthy's forum), wherein there was a note/faq from DOL/BEC that BECs are not processing cases in First-in First-out manner anymore, apparently because of the sheer volume of the cases being processed. You might get a standard reply indicating something to that effect.

If we all decide that letter writing is the way to go, I am up for it. I guess it is better to do something rather than sit and wait mindlessly.