VA I485 Filers

HAPPY BELATED MEMORIAL WEEKEND !!! @ ALL: As part of my memorial weekend presents, i received my EAD and Advance parole combo card on saturday 5/28.
DO: Fairfax VA
ASC: Alexandria VA

03/28/2011 (Day ;00): Posted I-130,I-485,I-765 And I-131 with supporting docu.USPS priority mail
03/31/2011(Day; 03): Delivered at Chicago IL 60680 with USPS confirmation report. Waiting and Praying
04/06/2011(Day;09): Receipt 4 text messages NOA1 for all I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131. Great feeling !!
04/07/2011(Day;10): Case status Cand trackable online.All 4 applications are at INITIAL REVIEW.
04/11/2011(Day;14): Hard copies of all NOA1 received in the mail.
0414/2011(Day;17): Appointment notice for biometrics received for 05/09/2011.
04/15/2011(Day;18): Successful walk-in biometrics done. Thank God.
05/20/2011(Day;52): EAD card production ordered.
05/23/2011(Day;55): I-131 approved, decision mailed.
05/28/2011(Day;59): EAD and AP combo card received in the mail.

@Kwame: Happy Belated Memorial Weekend to you as well! You sure received a great gift this weekend! Congrats! Now we are waiting for "The LETTER"!

@kacy1: Thanks ! Yep the wait goes on. We can only wish for an expedited process.

03/28/2011 (Day ;00): Posted I-130,I-485,I-765 And I-131 with supporting docu.USPS priority mail
03/31/2011(Day; 03): Delivered at Chicago IL 60680 with USPS confirmation report. Waiting and Praying
04/06/2011(Day;09): Receipt 4 text messages NOA1 for all I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131. Great feeling !!
04/07/2011(Day;10): Case status Cand trackable online.All 4 applications are at INITIAL REVIEW.

@ Kwame....congrats ..now you are like me..waiting for the IL!
@eggluze..haven't heard from you. How are your preparations going for the Interview?

Hi All,

I got text/email from USCIS. My interview is scheduled for July 15th..Time to start preparing :)

@eggluze: Please do keep us posted how your interview went and it would be great if you share us how your preparation is going on ..

I will keep posted..still need to get hard copy :)

Wish me good luck!!!

Hey guys,

Getting ready for my interview. I will let you know how it goes. Sorry for no response - been swamped at work!

@eggluze..ALL THE BEST TO YOU IN YOUR INTERVIEW. I PRAY IT GOES NICE AND EASY! SET THE PACE FOR THE REST OF US:) CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW YOUR EXPERIENCE WAS!

@immig4us...congrats on that awesome notification! Keep us posted and i hope and pray everything goes well. Good luck preparing your stuff for the interview!

Thanks Kacy1 I have started gathering documents and exactly one month to go :) will keep you guys posted :)

Good luck @eggluze I am sure you got this ....can't wait to hear your story :) Keep us posted~ when you get chance please do explain us in detail how your interview went and I might have some questions for you :)

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
case got approved! Even though the officer wasnt happy we didnt have a joint checkings account (only savings) or joint drivers or health insurance. It just cheaper for us to get health insurance through our jobs. He looked at pics, asked about timeline of our relationship. Had to say each others birthdays, engagement date, asked my husband to tell my parents names (since they are so difficult!)...It took like 15mins, also, we went it a bit early and got called in right away. Were in the parking lot by 11.30 (interview scheduled at 11.15, but as I said we were like 10 mins early).
Overall, the officer was really nice, said that if by 2 years time we dont have more financial stuff together or a kid, might have to be called in for an interview again, but otherwise there shouldnt be any problems. DIdnt take my EAD or stamp my passport, he said passport only gets stamped for emergency travel, and if I need that I can just stop by. And the status online now says card production ordered...
Let me know if you guys have more questions...

@eggluze........Congrats on the great news..I guess I will hear the same thing because my husband and I don't have a lot jointly either. I hope and pray I have the same luck as you. Did you have lots of pics? What else did you take and what did they ask for?

All they asked for were our passports (both mine and my husbands), and drivers licences and my EAD. We had a joint credit card, so I guess thats what saved us. And my husband has been to my home country, I think the officer asked that. They made copies of our credit cards with the same numbers but different names. Not too many pics, he even made the comment that we dont like to be in the pics together. I said that usually wherever we go, its just us, so noone is there to take a pic of us both. He made a copy of one very very old one where there is both of us...Didnt have wedding pics developed, he asked about it, I showed him the DVD, said its in there as well as the video if he wants to see it, but he didnt...

Congratulations eggluze :)
Good to know that your interview went good. At the end of the interview do they(officer) say anything like your case has been approved or any hint besides email notification ? My husband and I started collecting all documents and going through all the paperwork..do we need to take copies of I-130,1-485,I-131,I-765? Medical and affidavit forms we already submitted originals with the applications still we need to copies of it? How long was your interview? Thanks in advance :)

@eggluz : CONGRATULATIONS !!! That is great news and very encouraging to here. Thanks for the vital info from the interview process, atleast we all know what to have, the need to plan and prepare for the interview process. I'm so happy for you and your husband, I wish you the best in life and I pray the good Lord bless you and your husband with a child by the end of the 2yrs, lol................... !
@ immig4us: CONGRATULATIONS: That is a very giant step in the process, i would encourage you to take planning very serious and dig for every single document possible.

@immig4us: Interview was about 15-20mins. I took copies of all the forms I submitted, but they didnt ask for it/it didnt come up. But I had them just in case. In the end, the officer said "OK, I will approve the case" and then talked me about applying for condition removal in 2 years and about how to travel in case of emergency. He also made copies of pics and credit cards and walked us out. Hope this helps!

@eggluze - Thanks for your reply. This will definitely help us :)
@Kwame - Thanks, yep definitely this is the big one. we will make sure we get all the documents and do our best :)
@Kacy1 - Thanks!! now its my turn hopefully it goes smoothly and will keep u all posted :)

@ALL...so my status changed this morning to Testing/Interview status..my interview is scheduled for August 1. Now I have to get busy preparing the documents I will need!