UTAUST, KGH, eb1tsc, and other old friends, I have a few questions regarding AOS filing.

Gking

Registered Users (C)
1. Is Signature Card required for I-765 (EAD)? (INS website said so, but some guys here said it is not required if filed with I-485.)
2. Do I really need Affidavit of Support (I-864) for dependants? (I have the impression that this is for family-based I-485. My attorney said no.)
3. Do I need to write an explanation letter for AP (I-131)?

Thanks

No Title

Gking:
1. You do need signature card for I-765.
2. You do not need to file I-864. But you should file I-134 instead for EB cases. People have different opinions about whether one should even file I-134. But you definitely not need I-864.
3. Yes, you do need to write expailning why you need advance parole. It is usually a one line addendum to the application.

Hope that helps,
SKG

Gking, you deserve our help since you have given TSCers so much

765 signature card may not be required. But it does not hurt to submit it. You may order it from INS website. It may take you 1`2 weeks to get it. I-134 is the correct form. To avoid RFE, I suggest you do not miss these two items.

You need a short letter explaining the reason for AP. The common excuses are business travel, international conference, or visit parents in case of medical emergence. For my kid, the excuse is "since my parents are planning to travel out of US, I don\'t want to be home alone."

I received my AP months ago, and have done FP 3/8.
my 485 ND 1/9/02.

No 325 for kids under 14.

Attorneys are smart and they can do much better jobs than we do. But they do not care!

I am sure that signature card is not required.

But better safe than sorry. As far as I know, I-134 is meaningless to us. I put my salary figure on it only. Your attorney should be right about I-134. Again, better safe than sorry. If a new IIO takes care of your case, s/he may give you an RFE due to missing a meaningless item.

Here is what we did recently

Gking,

Here is what my wife and I did recently.

- We signed the I-765 card but no finger print
- I think we filed I-134
- My wife (primary applicant) faxed a letter, upon lawyer\'s request, that we need AP because we plan to visit home (you can give any reason). I believe it is just a formality

Kamalhasan

No Title

Sorry GKing.. i was in a loooooooooooooong meeting.. Could not check this site...

1. Signature card is optional.. I submitted it to lawyer with my package.. But lawyer did not submit it.. Lawyer said they don\'t submit it and not required.. i argued... At one point, they said well send it to me... But I saw they did not submit it when they fedexed the package to INS.. they sent me a list of items that they have sent to INS...

2. Yes you need an affidavit of support for your dependents.. It has to be notarized.. it has to have supporting documents like employment letter, paystubs and so on..

3. No you do not need any explanation letter for AP.. At one place in AP form there is box to put a date "when you want to travel?".. make sure you put some date 3 months apart from your filing time .. for me lawyer put I want to travel by June 21... This may not be as significant now as it used to be... APs are coming within a few days now... But this makes sure they send the AP by your stipulated date or at least more timely fasion... Note: you do not have to travel out by then.. this is just for their processing prioritities...

Sorry Gking.. i was late.. I want you to file as soon as you can..

N.b. i have extra signature card.. if you want...

Lets use http://www.e-nairobi.com/aos/

Hi Guys..let us use the following site to load/update our data.. This seems to be pretty good.. You do not have to wait on someone to update information (Hari did an outstanding job at 140 stage - but sometimese we expected too much from one person).. you can do it on your own.. Ken has uploaded his info there..I did it too.. If we all use it, it will be more meaningful....

http://www.e-nairobi.com/aos/

I added my data to http://www.e-nairobi.com/aos/

PD field on my 485 receipt is blank. What is my PD? But on my FP notice, it says my PD is 1/8/2002 which is also my 485 RD.

FP results were received by TSC and processing resumed.

AVM updated! I did FP on 3/8/02, TSC received it on 3/15. I am looking foward to some miracles to happen. I still remember that approval of my I-140 shocked me and surprised many TSCers.

No Title

that\'s right.. For eb1, PD is the date you filed your 140 .. to be more specific your i-140 ND is the PD unless they make any mistake...
Thanks for updating the tracker.. the more we use, the more meaningfull it will be..

Gking, congratulations!

I can\'t remember whether I submitted signature card or not. Submit as much as possible, I guess.

As for Affadavit of Support, there are clear regulations in the I-485 instructions as to who is required to submit this. Since I was not in the categories, I did not submit. We did provide paystubs and employment letter.

On one website, it indicated that INS is not making any discretionary judgements about AP letters. They will issue regardless, so the letter can be straightforward and related to personal/family issues.

We haven\'t used a lawyer, so I\'m learning as I go.

I think you are right

I have seen many postings about people not sending them and attorneys saying it is not required. I have NEVER heard of an RFE for the signature card.