Using USPS Mail for OCI Application - SFO

ari4u

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm filling out my OCI application and currently working on the Travisa Order form here
https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/display-requirements

When i select "Use My Prepaid Envelope" option for "Shipping from Travisa back to you", this is what i see...

The return air bill must be generated online from fedex.com or ups.com, or have a FedEx or UPS account number. We strongly recommend using one of these two companies. USPS is strongly discouraged and Travisa Outsourcing cannot be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged documents that use the USPS service.

I'm looking to send my application via USPS. Travisa clearly spells out it is a bad idea to use USPS, but from what i read here, many of us have successfully used USPS without any problems. (one example here http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?549147-Using-USPS-Mail-for-OCI-Application)

Your thoughts on using USPS? Is that an empty threat from Travisa or do they really mean it? Anyone with bad experience using USPS?

Thanks in advance and peace out!
-ari

I just sent my childs passport for U Visa Trnsfer. I created an account in FEDEX and used it. From FL to Houston cost me 13+ dollars. Pretty easy and was very quick in tracking. I recommend it. It maybe a few dollars more, but worth it.
Again, USPS is good as well as our US Passports come thru USPS and so I am not sure whey they discourage using it.
I all depends on your choice of preference. They just discourage it, but you can send if you wish I believe.

Thanks ssruindia.
I caved in and used Fedex. Since i live 30 miles away from SFO and it it takes 1 day for any mail to reach regardless of the service i pick, i chose Fedex Ground and using my own envelopes. It cost me a total of ~20+ USD for shipping both ways. Signing up for Fedex service online was a PITA as they had so many options and once you navigate away from the Fedex Shipping Manager section, getting back was really hard. Other than that, my application is on its way to Delhi.