Using legal representation for Canandian PR

registrationid

Registered Users (C)
Is it advisable to do the Canadian immigration process using lawyers or doing it by oneself? I am aware that the Canadian immigration site does mention that one can do the whole processs without using a lawyer. However I want to know that reality in terms of the difficulties / legal hurdles / logistics hurdles (such as maintaining an address in Canada, etc.)
I am working in US and am on H1 visa. Apologize if this question has been asked before and am repeating it.
Thanks

I don't think you need to use lawyer to apply for Canada immigration, it's just a waste of money. The form is simple and follow this forum if you have questions. Also I have experienced that there are less chances of making the mistakes if you do it yourself.

Yes you don't require a lawyer. forms are very simple and follow the guide lines and good paper work. We did by our own and went upto our medicals stage. Remember you provide full information and get all relevant documents ready ..bundle them all and post the application. Don't ever send half completed applications and documents missing when you are posting for the first time. Even though it take some time to fill the forms...but sit down relax ....have some coffee and fill up the forms.

If you have any queries go through this form for answers.

Good luck !!!!!

oh yeah.. you definitely do not need a lawyer for this one..

we did everything by ourselves and our pr application is now approved:)

just send whatever they want using registered mail.. and keep waiting.

good luck!

Hi,

I am planning to apply for canadian immigration. Got a quick question. In the documents to be attached, it says, notorized copy of agreement with employer (mentioning job duties, salary etc) need to be furnished.

Actually I have only the experience letter from my previous employers. If they want notorized one, I can get it from current employer alone.

Further, I don't have experience letter from previous employer. But I do have paystubs from them as proof that I worked with them.

Can anybody help me out, how should I proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

gcperson.