Using I-140 approved for another job

nancy71

Hello,

My I-140 was approved back in 2002. However I got laid off and had to start the green card process all over again. Now I am employed and performing the exact type of work as the previous job.

After 4 years, my labor is probably going to be processed through the backlog center this year.

Question - Can I use the old I-140 in any way to expedite my case. I have been working almost 10 years and quite tired of waiting.

Thanks.

Hello,

My I-140 was approved back in 2002. However I got laid off and had to start the green card process all over again. Now I am employed and performing the exact type of work as the previous job.

After 4 years, my labor is probably going to be processed through the backlog center this year.

Question - Can I use the old I-140 in any way to expedite my case. I have been working almost 10 years and quite tired of waiting.

Thanks.

Yes, you can reclaim your priority date by attaching the approved copy of your old I-140 to your new I-140 application. However, it is good to make sure that the I-140 is not revoked by employer (ask the employer).