Using EAD

I want my GC

Registered Users (C)
Dec 2003 I applied for EAD/AP/I-140/I-485

EAD and AP were approved 06/03/2004

My I-140 was approved 07/09/2004

I've been working through a consulting agency at the site of one of their clients for almost 2 1/2 years.

The client (and I of course) have been waiting for the I-140 approval so I can work for them permenantly.

My question is: with a valid EAD, approved I-140 and I-485 pending for over 180 days, what do I need to do to start my permenant job with the client company?

Thanks a lot for your comments and good luck to all of you.

Fill in Form I-9 and then inform your new company to type a offer letter for you that you have been doing the same job as mentioned in LC and submit it to INS. Thats all you need at this point..

Good Luck

well, I still have a valid H1b. So how would the BCIS know about my new employer and that I started using my EAD for employment?

When you fill in the form I-9, your employer should need to submit information to IRS and moreover when you file your taxes next year, your W2 would show that you work using EAD.

There is nothing that INS cannot know if you are working on EAD. They would definitely know.

BCIS will not know that. That is the reason they ask for tax returns and pay slips. By Changing the job you will be exercising
AC-21. while joining the new employer automatically you will fill up an I-9. If you want to inform BCIS about your job change you can do so. BCIS expects the job change information.

Want GC Soon said:
When you fill in the form I-9, your employer should need to submit information to IRS and moreover when you file your taxes next year, your W2 would show that you work using EAD.

There is nothing that INS cannot know if you are working on EAD. They would definitely know.
Emplyer need not inform INS or IRS. I-9 form will kept in the office for a period of three years but employer need not send it.