Using EAD-Advance Parole To Enter!

sfatna1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a valid Advance Parole and working on EAD. However my HI-B has expired. Can I re-enter USA on Advance Parole + EAD.
Also if some one can provide us with a list of documents required to re-enter, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Best Regards,
sfatna1

sfatna1 said:
Hi,

I have a valid Advance Parole and working on EAD. However my HI-B has expired. Can I re-enter USA on Advance Parole + EAD.

You can enter on AP. Thats the whole point of AP. SO what if your H-1B has expired. You DO NOT need an EAD to enter, thats for employment only.

Also if some one can provide us with a list of documents required to re-enter, it would be greatly appreciated.
Passport and AP. If you like some take a copy of their I-485 receipt.

Thanks
Best Regards,
sfatna1

I just (9/26) entered the country using AP.
My H-1 is valid till Oct 1st 2005, But the Immigration officer suggested that I use the AP as it superseeds the H-1.
He then asked me to go to the Special cases Office.
The officer took my passport and my AP thats it nothing else and asked me to wait.
Called me 5 min later and handed me my passport back with the I-94 stapled and the Alien Number and the EAC number on the Arrival stamp, No questions, no Fingerprint, no picture. He also stamped the AP with the entry stamp same as on the pasport.

for nkelkar, can u please tell me thru which airlines u travelled,

any problems if I travel by emirates via dubai with out transit visa,,by the way i have top travel by AP,,WORKING ON EAD,,THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hello Lakshmi,
I was vacationing in Spain and Morocco and flew Royal air Maroc from Casablanca to New York

sfatna1 said:
Hi,

Your H-1B status was lost the moment you started working on EAD. So the real issue is not that the H visa has expired -- rather you no longer hold H status.
In this case, the only way for you to re-enter the US is by using a valid AP document -- there is no question of choosing anything !!

Its very simple to use AP for re-entry -- you do NOT have a long list of documents to carry. (unlike when you re-entered using H1)
All you need is all the copies of the unexpired AP and a valid passport.
Some folks carry their 485 receipt notice -- but I've never been asked for it at POE.

valid passport + more?

Someone suggested that the passport must be valid for more than 6 months at the time of entry. Is this true?

Anyone ever used a passport that had less than 6 months left?

Thanks

max2k1 said:
Your H-1B status was lost the moment you started working on EAD. So the real issue is not that the H visa has expired -- rather you no longer hold H status.
In this case, the only way for you to re-enter the US is by using a valid AP document -- there is no question of choosing anything !!

Its very simple to use AP for re-entry -- you do NOT have a long list of documents to carry. (unlike when you re-entered using H1)
All you need is all the copies of the unexpired AP and a valid passport.
Some folks carry their 485 receipt notice -- but I've never been asked for it at POE.