Using AP for Canada immigration ..Any risk?

can_card

Now we are in AOS (I-485 pending). I have no H1B visa or status. I have valid EAD and Advance Parole.

We applied Canada PR as a backup (like few others in the forum). My Canada visa expiring in July. I want to complete the landing process before the expiry of visa, to keep the option live. Also, I want to come back US immediatly, by using advance parole, after completing the landing process in Canada. Has any one come back to US, by using advance parole after completing the landing process in Canada?

Is there any risk in landing in Canada to complete PR process with Advanced Parole document? Is there any problem at POE while coming back to USA? Will the usage of AP for this (Canada immigration) purpose jeoperdise my 485 application?

Experts ... Ginnu Realcanadian trro some lights...

can_card said:
Now we are in AOS (I-485 pending). I have no H1B visa or status. I have valid EAD and Advance Parole.

We applied Canada PR as a backup (like few others in the forum). My Canada visa expiring in July. I want to complete the landing process before the expiry of visa, to keep the option live. Also, I want to come back US immediatly, by using advance parole, after completing the landing process in Canada. Has any one come back to US, by using advance parole after completing the landing process in Canada?

Is there any risk in landing in Canada to complete PR process with Advanced Parole document? Is there any problem at POE while coming back to USA? Will the usage of AP for this (Canada immigration) purpose jeoperdise my 485 application?

I don’t see any risk to enter US with valid AP after landing as PR of Canada. If you search the threads you will find a post that person was asked by US immigration/border post officer why did he take up the Canada PR while his/her I-485 is pending? Officer also said that he will report it to Canada immigration that his I-485 is pending in US (Canada has nothing to do with pending I-485 and USCIS has nothing to do with your Canada PR status at this time, your US GC process is Pending and not completed) person was allowed to enter US. Officer was wrong. One can come back to US with valid AP, even if I-485 is pending. Once I-485 is approved and you get US GC then you need to decide to keep US GC or Canada PR and one need to maintain residency requirement of particular country. I have read in the past more questioning at border post than air. Better land by air and come back by air. post you exp for others

ginnu said:
I don’t see any risk to enter US with valid AP after landing as PR of Canada. If you search the threads you will find a post that person was asked by US immigration/border post officer why did he take up the Canada PR while his/her I-485 is pending? Officer also said that he will report it to Canada immigration that his I-485 is pending in US (Canada has nothing to do with pending I-485 and USCIS has nothing to do with your Canada PR status at this time, your US GC process is Pending and not completed) person was allowed to enter US. Officer was wrong. One can come back to US with valid AP, even if I-485 is pending. Once I-485 is approved and you get US GC then you need to decide to keep US GC or Canada PR and one need to maintain residency requirement of particular country. I have read in the past more questioning at border post than air. Better land by air and come back by air. post you exp for others
Why is it “Better land by air and come back by air”? Can you give the specific reasons for doing so or it just the airport inspector is nicer than the border inspector?

immiq said:
Why is it “Better land by air and come back by air”? Can you give the specific reasons for doing so or it just the airport inspector is nicer than the border inspector?
I have read in the past more questioning at border post than coming by air . I cant give you any "specific reasons".

can_card said:

>many people did this, including me

Is there any risk in landing in Canada to complete PR process with Advanced Parole document?
>no, not at all
Is there any problem at POE while coming back to USA?
>no, no questions asked through Detroit
Will the usage of AP for this (Canada immigration) purpose jeoperdise my 485 application?
>no, don't think so

Thaks to all ..

MISSOURIAN,

Have you used Advance Parole as your travel document to enter USA after the landing process in Canada?