Using AP at Los Angeles Airport

ca-to-wa

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone post their detailed experience involved with using Advanced Parole to enter the country at Los Angeles International Airport. My wife is travelling alone outside the country and will be returning soon through AP.

We're on the same boat.My wife is out of the country and will use
AP when she comes back 11/ 26.Lawyer said there is secondary inspection to check her AP and other documents.Let me know on when your spouse is returning so we could share experiences on AP for LAX.

I am no longer with the company for which I had my H1 visa. I started another job using the EAD that I had got as part of I485 process. However, the expiry date on my H1 and my wifes H4 visa is March 2003.

In order to avoid the extra inspection process, can my wife just reenter the country based on H4 and not tell the immigration people about H4 until she is explicty asked to show AP documents? Or will this be considered as some sort of an attempt to mislead INS.

The other alternative is that my wife can directly take her AP to the INS official at the port of entry and go through the extra inspection process.

If someone has already used AP please do post your experiences here.

Thank you.

Hi noginoypi,

Would appreciate it if you could post detailed information regarding your wife experiences with using AP. My wife is coming back in december.

Thanks

re:

After you used EAD to work, your H1b (hence your wife's H4) are no longer valid. She can only use AP to re-enter US.

My wife arrived at LAX last night and was in the line for 2 hours at the visitors' line only to find out that she should go to number 1 area,the next section as there were no people in that section.She showed her AP and was asked basic questions like name of parents, copy of a I-485.Other than that things went smoothly and done in less than 3 minutes.
Recommendation:They should post an announcement or something that those with AP should proceed in this area rather falling at the regular visitors' for stamping.

Thanks for the info.

Did the officer ask for copy of I-485 just for information or is it normal to ask for I-485 copy along with Advanced Parole document.

She was asked to show a copy,actually a photocopy of I-485 since the original is with the lawyer.It's not a big deal since she has the AP documents,the officer just stamped her passport, stamped the AP and gave a new I-94.