using already approved labor? is that okay?

sniyer

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to start green card with a prospective future employer.

The employer says that he can file I140 directly, as he has an used labor certifcation which was approved for a guy in EB2 category.

They did not file I 140 for that guy, as he had quit.

Is it okay to get started with I 140 and get going? Is there going to be a catch in making up my experience to match EB2. I have a Masters and have over seven years of work ex. My masters degree has been evaluated and is equal to a masters in the US.

I did not know that such a thing can be done..

Your inputs would be of great help.. Thanx

Yes you can

Yes you can as long as you have match experiences with the former applicant and do exact job he did in your company. You can use his LC and his priority date.

My brother in law did this and got his GC less than a year in CSC!!!

To be safe, you should ask your company to start a clean GC process at the same time for you just in case INS refusing to consider un-used LC.

what is clean GC process?

should the company file for my labor independantly too?

can we file for 14o thru another person\'s labor and then file for labor again with the same company and same job and title?

thanx

Yes, file for your LC at the same time.

"Clean GC process" meant your company file LC for you, too.

One company can have more than one jobs with trhe same job title and perform same/similar duty, i.e. software engineer. LC is job specific, not person specific. I am sure your company can file multiple LCs for similar types of jobs.

My brother in law did the same thing. Once he got his GC, just cancelled the other parallel process.

No Title

I have filed my I -140 using LC filed for another person.
Sadly, i filed my i -140 at TSC. it is still pending. should know in a month or so as i filed in march 2001 - TSC is processing Feb.

good luck