User Binary. DOB issue RFE

parshu

Registered Users (C)
Red_Card I am sorry for my poor English.I will try my best to re-phrase. I did not sleep a wink yesterday night trying to contact people and getting hold of right person for the certificates.!!!!

------------

We have received a RFE for DOB and my wife's DOB in Passport and SSC is 19-jun but the muncipal records have it as 19-AUG. WHat are my options

Binary

I Have the exact same situation for my wife as yours as I understand from your previous post in the forum.
DId u submit the Birth certicate with different date in records.
Did you get any response from the INS. Please reply

Please reply
parshu

Last edited by a moderator:
parshu said:
I Have the exact same situation for my wife.
what happened. Please reply
my wife has 19-jun in passport, ssc etc and 19-aug in records. Same year.

Well, which date is her correct bate of birth????
If her passport is wrong, correct her passport from consulate. If her birth certificate is wrong, either correct birth certificate or get affidavits from her parents/relatives.

Red_Card I am sorry for my poor English.I will try my best to re-phrase. I did not sleep a wink yesterday night trying to contact people and getting hold of right person for the certificates.!!!!

------------

We have received a RFE for DOB and my wife's DOB in Passport and SSC is 19-jun but the muncipal records have it as 19-AUG. WHat are my options

Binary

I Have the exact same situation for my wife as yours as I understand from your previous post in the forum.
Did you get any response from the INS. Please reply

Please reply
parshu

pralay.

I guess since all the records has 19-jun including passport it will very difficult to change all the documents.
And Mucnipality is not ready to change their record from 19-aug to 19-jun.

I have a RFE and the last Date to reply is about 2 months remaining.

thanks for the reply
Parshu

Best option will be to provide Non-availability Birth certificate and Affidavits from your parents.

If you do search in this forum, you should be able to find the format for it.

When u reply for RFE, provide all other supporting documents like School/college marksheets, Transfer certificates etc which spells your wife DOB as 19-Jun.

Thanks,
Mad

Parshu,

You need to correct it first in municpal office. For this, you need to send a request to their office and follow their instructions to fill in separate forms. Then you will get DOB with correct date and date of issue will be on the date they issue the certificate. This recent issue date may be an issue for USCIS. To overcome this issue, you need to submit school certificate copy (SSC) and two affidavits, one from parent and the other from close relative.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all,

I am trying to correct the certificate. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again
parshu

parshu said:
pralay.

I guess since all the records has 19-jun including passport it will very difficult to change all the documents.
And Mucnipality is not ready to change their record from 19-aug to 19-jun.

I have a RFE and the last Date to reply is about 2 months remaining.

thanks for the reply
Parshu

Then request municipal to provide a non-availability certificate. It's possible that they may not agree to provide that non-availablity certificate too, as they have record (but unsuitable one). In that case do the following:
1. provide affidavits from your parents/relatives
2. provide your school leaving certificate where your one of the parents name and your BOD mentioned. Normally USCIS accepts school leaving certificate as "secondary proof".
3. Write a cover letter, explaining the situation - that Municipal office has incorrect information. And mention, that your 19 jan is IS THE correct date. However, you don't need to do all this if you get non-availability certificate.