Usefulness of Infopass Appointment

WorkingMan06

Registered Users (C)
I'm going on infopass to Oklahoma City to inquire about the status of my case. I suspect I am stuck in the name check. Do you guys think this will do any good or am I wasting my time and gas?

My timeline is:
N-400 mailed: 07/10/06 to (Texas Service Center)
Notice of action receipt: 07/13/06
Fingerprints:07/31/06 (FBI confirmed they sent back same day)

Thanks.

It depends on how much gas. In my case, the Dallas DO is about 5 miles from my office, so an InfoPass costs only about an hour of my time that I'll never get back.

They may tell you some useful information, but they may not. Go prepared. Get as many questions as you can think of written down on paper before you go. Keep asking.

Then again, you are only 4 months into the process. Your application may be speeding through the process (for example, I believe that the Dallas DO (the one I'm familiar with) is running with about a 4 month or so backlog (compared to about 7 or 8 months one year ago (my wife applied in mid-September 2005, had her interview in early May, 2006 and her oath in early June (without any glitches))).

Patience is important. Why bother worrying about this until it becomes apparent that something is screwed up. What benefit is there to knowing that your application is (or isn't) in name check this early in the process -- no one will listen to any complaint you might have until at least 6 months have gone by.

WorkingMan06 said:
I'm going on infopass to Oklahoma City to inquire about the status of my case. I suspect I am stuck in the name check. Do you guys think this will do any good or am I wasting my time and gas?

My timeline is:
N-400 mailed: 07/10/06 to (Texas Service Center)
Notice of action receipt: 07/13/06
Fingerprints:07/31/06 (FBI confirmed they sent back same day)
It really depends on the immigration officer you get. Some are very helpful while others are not. If I were you, I would keep the appointment.

Info line is utterly useless from my experience

Info line is utterly useless from my experience. Sadly for those of us who got to use it as the only source of dealing with the mammoth INS machine