Use different lawyer for EAD/AP & I-485

tangjc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I switched my company using the portbility rule, and now my EAD/AP will expire soon. I am planning to renew them.

My new company's attorney says he can apply it for me with company paying the expense. However my I-485 is still in the hands of my prevoius attorney.

Is it OK that this new attroney apply EAD/AP renew for me while the old attorney still handling I-485?

If that is too much confusion to INS, I'd rather apply it myself since it does cost me too much.

Thanks!

My 2cents - DO is yourself.

Tangjc,

Applying for EAD & AP renewal is no big deal, believe me at the end of filing your applications you will have immense satisfaction that you can manage it yourself.

Also, it takes less than an hour to fill the applications and couple more to arrange the documents in the order. Please use these links http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=176655 and the steps are self explanatory and needs no expertise to do.

Finally...

1) Remember the fee is revised for both EAD and AP filing.
2) If you do paper filing, send in personal checks for the fee so that you could track if the fee is accepted and the receipt numbers on the checks.

Hope this helps!
I'm not an attorney and just a member like you.

You can have different attorneys for EAD and 485 -- ABSOLUTELY no problems with that.
That's the reason why every application needs a separate G-28 filed.

Since you are not paying for the attorney, I would suggest you take that option.
If you had to pay for an attorney, it probably isn't worth it as EAD and AP are simple applications.

Thanks for the reply. I've done the EAD&AP renew for my wife, yes, it is not a hard thing to do. But if I file it myself, my company won't pay the expenses for me.

So I will go for the new company's attorney option, just to save 300 bucks.:)