Use Ap or H1 for travel

chintamani1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have a valid H1 visa till Sep 2009 (not stamped in Passport). I also have a valid AP (not used). I need to go on Business travel to a couple of far eastern countries and India before returning to the US.

Because of the duration of the travel I wouldnot be able to get visa stamping done.So i am planning to use AP on return. Would appreciate if you could share your thoughts.

1. I know that once I use AP, I become a "parolee". What happens to my HI status if I still work for the same employer. What is my status? Would i need to use my ead in this case or can continue working on H1 as if nothing happened
2. As my current visa is valid till Sep 2009,would i need to reapply for a fresh extension after using AP
3. If my pending 485 has some issues or gets denied for some reason, what would be my status
4. If i do manage to get my visa stamped and for some reason the underlying 485 gets denied would i be able to continue working on H1 till it's validity.(Note this is H1 after 6 years and new 3 years based on 140 approval and 485 pending)

Any inputs would be graciously accepted.