"USCIS will send you a written decision about your case"

hm11

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine has asked me to post this. He was interviewed in NYC distrcit office. Paased the civic and english test but no oath. Interview went smooth. He got the reciept saying "USCIS will send you a written decision about your case".
Any body in the same situtiuon, please respond. Is it -ive or +ive? How much time for oath after this type of interview.

Thanks for your feedback.

hm11 said:
A friend of mine has asked me to post this. He was interviewed in NYC distrcit office. Paased the civic and english test but no oath. Interview went smooth. He got the reciept saying "USCIS will send you a written decision about your case".
Any body in the same situtiuon, please respond. Is it -ive or +ive? How much time for oath after this type of interview.

Thanks for your feedback.

did the interview officer say your friend's background / name check has been cleared yet?

I was in the similar boat but my case was the name / background check pending, and i was told i would receive a decision in mail.

That only means USCIS is continuing the case. I agree with ocworker: probably it is a pending namecheck. Did they ask him to send them any documents?

ocworker said:
did the interview officer say your friend's background / name check has been cleared yet?

I was in the similar boat but my case was the name / background check pending, and i was told i would receive a decision in mail.

The officer said nothing except that we will inform you in two months. He did not mention about name/background check.

Publicus said:
That only means USCIS is continuing the case. I agree with ocworker: probably it is a pending namecheck. Did they ask him to send them any documents?

Thanks for your response. He was not asked for any documents.

It can also be that there was a duplicate A-file that has to be reviewed and merged, before a final approval was given. This does happen to some people.

sg_orl said:
It can also be that there was a duplicate A-file that has to be reviewed and merged, before a final approval was given. This does happen to some people.

Yea thats a possibility but he was not informed of duplicate A-file. I think its a name check which is going to delay the oath.

hm11 said:
Yea thats a possibility but he was not informed of duplicate A-file. I think its a name check which is going to delay the oath.

Anyway, get him to work. Advise him to check on the namecheck status, and prepare for a lawsuit. Get him into the mindset.

Publicus said:
Anyway, get him to work. Advise him to check on the namecheck status, and prepare for a lawsuit. Get him into the mindset.

Thanks Publicus. I think it is too early to do anything. I think one should wait atleast 120 days before doing any thing.

hm11 said:
Thanks Publicus. I think it is too early to do anything. I think one should wait atleast 120 days before doing any thing.

One should be ready all the time so when the 120 days deadline is up, one is ready to do something.

hm11 said:
The officer said nothing except that we will inform you in two months. He did not mention about name/background check.

i would suggest your friend to schedule an appt via infopass to check what is holding up on his case. at least if he knows it is name check issue, he would get himself ready. if it is not the name check issue, just because the case is sitting on a desk waiting for the interview officer's surprisvor to review, your friend might be able to take it easy for a bit.

ocworker said:
i would suggest your friend to schedule an appt via infopass to check what is holding up on his case. at least if he knows it is name check issue, he would get himself ready. if it is not the name check issue, just because the case is sitting on a desk waiting for the interview officer's surprisvor to review, your friend might be able to take it easy for a bit.

He went for the interview last week and thats why I think he should wait a little bit. Thanks for your feedback again. It is very helpful.

Any body from NY district in the same boat? Please share your experience.
Thanks.